Woehr's June 2013 Fossil Collecting Report

Uncle Siphuncle

June was a big month. One of my best collecting buddies passed away. But Brent would be proud of the productive collecting that I experienced in his wake:

-Pleistocene terrestrial

-Pleistocene marine

-Lower Cretaceous marine

-Upper Cretaceous marine

-Ordovician marine

Feel free to peruse my photo essay (over 200 pics) on the Brazosport Museum website at the following link:

http://bcfas.org/museum/Meander/2013/FOSSIL%20COLLECTING%20REPORT%20June%202013.pdf

I wasn't sure about some of the Pleistocene mollusk ID's, but I'd be happy to update the report to include any positive ID's I may have missed.

post-22-0-24786400-1374885012_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-56113700-1374885049_thumb.jpg

post-22-0-95146000-1374885191_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

better than 200 pages to scan before a decent bone. Harumph.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

haha! you'll enjoy july more then, rich.

Grüße,

I've come to dread seeing these posts. "Well it looks like I'm not going to be getting anything done for the next hour..." :P Never a disappointment, another amazing report!

WOW. What a great trip report! I absolutely love every single post you put on here. Thank you for doing what you do! :D Congrats on the finds to!

glad yall like. july should be a really good one.

Grüße,

Enjoyed your post as usual, thought the Ptychodus mortoni were very interesting. Brent had mentioned that Shawn Hamm was working on P. mortoni, I can see why, yours are very different from what I have classified. There is definitly different sharks or evolution at play in this classification. Have you been privy to any information from Shawn as when new information is available and forth coming.

Your tribute to Brent was very nice, there is a bond between friends that was very evident, know he will be missed but never forgotten.----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

I've come to dread seeing these posts. "Well it looks like I'm not going to be getting anything done for the next hour..." ...

Hour? Every time Dan chronicles a new adventure, lights around the world dim and productivity crashes.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hour? Every time Dan chronicles a new adventure, lights around the world dim and productivity crashes.

You said it. I think the snails are at fault in Germany...

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

if yall enjoy em, and correct my ID mistakes, its all worth it.

Grüße,

As always, great trip report, Dan.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Upton Sinclair

Great report and excellent month! I liked the tribute to Brent. But I must comment on the first page or two of the report. Rumors of my back side still being out on a Walnut outcrop are exaggerated (but only slightly)!

Just had to say thanks again, Dan.

You have given me another reason to run down my battery in my laptop.

Jess B.

Hi Dan,

Another great report. I understand wanting to say something extra for a friend who has passed.

I liked looking at that Riker mount. That Polyacrodus is a cool tooth. In the Welton and Farish book, they say those have been found only in the Kamp Ranch limestone. It's hard to tell but I think that Cretolamna woodwardi is a Cardabiodon. Some teeth labelled woodwardi are just rather large appendiculata but that one could be the real thing.

Jess

June was a big month. One of my best collecting buddies passed away. But Brent would be proud of the productive collecting that I experienced in his wake:

-Pleistocene terrestrial

-Pleistocene marine

-Lower Cretaceous marine

-Upper Cretaceous marine

-Ordovician marine

Feel free to peruse my photo essay (over 200 pics) on the Brazosport Museum website at the following link:

http://bcfas.org/museum/Meander/2013/FOSSIL%20COLLECTING%20REPORT%20June%202013.pdf

I wasn't sure about some of the Pleistocene mollusk ID's, but I'd be happy to update the report to include any positive ID's I may have missed.

thanks for weighing in, jesses (i don't often get to address a plurality of jesses)

Grüße,

Address the Jess.

Dan there may be a difference in the Jess's I spell my name with a "y".

Jessy B.

Edited by bone2stone

hi fitch

yes that was a rare ammonite... i only have 2.

Grüße,