Unexpected Fossils Found In Italy

nala

I just came back from three weeks holidays in Italy,we just made a stop in the town of Salsomaggiore Terme(north of Italy) two days on the way to Roma.
I was really surprised to find this Jurassic stone in the city,in this tertiary well known area. I took the oportunity to visit this little exibition about some good fossils from this stage(even if the woman at the entrance told me "no pictures,no camera", i didn't resist to make few as i was the only one to visit at this time.
I also made a visit in my stay in Tuscany at a very friendly enthousiastic collector who have a really stunning private museum about tertiary Italian fossils,he gave me few advices to find some samples in the area but my attempts were unsuccessful as i had failed to find the good access to reach the sites,another time perhaps!
post-2325-0-55961900-1375651204_thumb.jpg in the city park B)
post-2325-0-43323300-1375651271_thumb.jpg,post-2325-0-44695300-1375651300_thumb.jpg closer ,ammonites! :o
post-2325-0-79411200-1375651350_thumb.jpgOn the other side :)

Hi Geri, thanks for the photos. I especially like the case full of the Cidaris sp Echys. Sorry you didnt find anything. Regards, Chris