Fossil Hunting In Summerville/ladson Area Tips?

zonkie

• New Members

I am a local wanting to take my kids fossil hunting in the Summerville/Ladson/N. Charleston area. we have explored many creeks in many spots in the area with little success, and I think it's because we were not in the right areas. ( Most of the creeks were in the northwest summerville and were too deep, too muddy, no gravel bottom and I suspect not deep enough to hit the formations). I plan on moving further south but I have no idea where to look that will be shallow enough to wade in, esp. for kids. I have several access points in mind to a few feeder creeks that I spotted on google earth, but wondered if I might be able to run them by someone in the know to let me know if they are worth trying out or not. I realize researching a good spot is a hard-earned effort, and I am not asking for anyone to give up their honey spot (unless you want to :) ), just point us in the right direction. I would also rather steer clear of places that have been picked over or are already well know (YMCA, etc). Mostly we're just interested in somewhere shallow we could walk through a creek and might be able to pick up teeth (not looking for anything major, just enough to keep the kids happy). Many thanks!!!