Bothrodendron, Again

RomanK

Roman.... Beautiful specimens... you must have a very big collection by now....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

nice finds and great pictures Roman B)

Thanks Gery!

Great photos! There are some great leaf patterns in there. Nice finds!

Thank you MakoMeCrazy!

Roman.... Beautiful specimens... you must have a very big collection by now....

Thank you Steve! I have some decades just for Bothrodendron now :)

Wow. For something that's relatively rare you sure are finding your share of it.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Hi Roman, more great material. A followup question to Roger's comment. Is the Bothrodendron you are finding from heaps at a number of different sites? I was just wondering if you are finding more of it because you are recognizing its patterns and its catching your eye more so now or is there simply just more material in a particular heaps? Seems like you have found many parts of the trees...have you found any Stigmaria attached to the Bothrodendron trunks yet--maybe I just dont remember?

Regards, Chris

Wow. For something that's relatively rare you sure are finding your share of it.

Thank you Roger! I have found one specimen (compressed) of the stem with attached branches, a couple small with ulodendroid scars, lot of bark fragments and one cone. But still can't imaging the whole plant (habit), even known Hirmer's reconstruction... Regards, Roman

Hi Roman, more great material. A followup question to Roger's comment. Is the Bothrodendron you are finding from heaps at a number of different sites? I was just wondering if you are finding more of it because you are recognizing its patterns and its catching your eye more so now or is there simply just more material in a particular heaps? Seems like you have found many parts of the trees...have you found any Stigmaria attached to the Bothrodendron trunks yet--maybe I just dont remember?

Regards, Chris

Thank you Chris! I found 95% of all Bothrodendrons at one heap. And remains at another one. It's not common here. Unfortunately I can't distingwish B. stigmaria from other lycopsid one. All finds here. Regards, Roman

post-814-0-03305000-1376249864_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomanK