Awesome Finds This Week Hungry Hollow, 5 Blastoids, 1 Trilobite

lmacfadden

Some great finds this week - 4 Blastoids in one day (Aug 4) and 1 on Aug 10. Found my very first one last week. Now I WANT to find them and that seems to be what my eyes focus in on. My OCD (just kidding) wouldn't allow me to go home until I found one on my Aug 10 fossil hunt. And lo' and behold, I did!

Found some very cool assorted trilobite bits - I'm a newbie so all pieces of trilobite are intriguing to me, even bums!

I can never pass up Cyrtinas, they're awesome! Found the biggest one so far in my collection...

I found LOTS of other interesting things that I have multiples of. Some PERFECT brachiopods, large and small (not pictured). Can't leave them behind when they're that pristine.

I'm still learning to identify fossils properly. I had the good fortune of having a fossil buddy along with me who is much more knowledgeable and a real gentleman. We braved the cliffs and got out alive. It sure makes for fun fossil foraging! Can't wait to go out again!!!

post-11011-0-87774000-1376244703_thumb.jpg

post-11011-0-19612900-1376244724_thumb.jpg I need a manicure!

Edited by lmacfadden

~Lise MacFadden - Arkona, Ontario, Canada

I really like your trilobite finds especially! You had a good hunt! :)

Thanks Roz. Bits were plentiful - whole trilos not so much. At least on this trip.

Do you know how long it took me to find my first Heterschisma blastoid -the ice-cream cone -and you find 3. Sheeesh. The Hyperoblastus (small blastoid) and Nucleocrinus (large blastoid) are also beauties

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Do you know how long it took me to find my first Heterschisma blastoid -the ice-cream cone -and you find 3. Sheeesh. The Hyperoblastus (small blastoid) and Nucleocrinus (large blastoid) are also beauties

Thanks Kevin - scanning diligently with my eyeballs really paid off! Thanks for the confirmation on ID... I've been labeling my fossil collection.

Very nice! You should see my nails from this hobby!

Thanks RickNC

Wow!

Great finds, once again, Lise!

Very nice to see your eyes being trained to home in on the right stuff.

Congratulations on your haul - thanks for posting them.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Looks like a couple of good days! My success at finding blastoids has been pretty mediocre thusfar lol

Thanks Regg - I'm going to see how long I can keep up my record of finding at least one blastoid on each trip to the pits!

Wow!

Great finds, once again, Lise!

Very nice to see your eyes being trained to home in on the right stuff.

Congratulations on your haul - thanks for posting them.

Regards,

Thanks Tim - more to come soon! Those pits are like magnets - I can't stay away!!