Couple More Crinoids, Cen Tex Penn

thair

Went out for a little while Sunday after church with my son. He found the associated plates that are in the bowl in the first picture. They had just begun erroding out so we scooped the up with a portion of the clay and took home. We did not know how much of the cup was there but the second picture is result after puting puzzle together. The other one that is pictured I found about 20 feet away.

post-3664-0-05894000-1376418018_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-31688100-1376418059_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-31724300-1376418115_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-24346100-1376418133_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-29080900-1376418169_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-18771800-1376418199_thumb.jpg

Top-drawer restoration; well done!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow! Nicely done. I got an idea how hard that is with my recent effort. Mine wasn't with pieces from the same specimen and not nearly as complete but it got me looking at your crinoids in the gallery. Do you ever find these that have axial plates with spines?

Wow! Nicely done. I got an idea how hard that is with my recent effort. Mine wasn't with pieces from the same specimen and not nearly as complete but it got me looking at your crinoids in the gallery. Do you ever find these that have axial plates with spines?

I find the random spins offten but have yet to find associated with other plates of a specific specimen. Still looking.

Nice work. Getting good with the super glue. Do you like jigsaw puzzles too? They are like crack cocaine for me. My wife only lets me have them at the extended holidays. Putting together crinoids from loose plates would make me insane..or maybe just more insane.

Nice work. Getting good with the super glue. Do you like jigsaw puzzles too? They are like crack cocaine for me. My wife only lets me have them at the extended holidays. Putting together crinoids from loose plates would make me insane..or maybe just more insane

I like puzzels but it has been years since I have done on except the rock ones. You may have already seen this one so forgive me if you have but the one pictured here was my hardest.

post-3664-0-14249200-1376599314_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-06406700-1376599330_thumb.jpg

I like puzzels but it has been years since I have done on except the rock ones. You may have already seen this one so forgive me if you have but the one pictured here was my hardest.

OH MY! That is outstanding!

~Lise MacFadden - Arkona, Ontario, Canada

Went out for a little while Sunday after church with my son. He found the associated plates that are in the bowl in the first picture. They had just begun erroding out so we scooped the up with a portion of the clay and took home. We did not know how much of the cup was there but the second picture is result after puting puzzle together. The other one that is pictured I found about 20 feet away.

I would dig out that area and try to find the rest of it. You may be able to complete the whole thing! Looks really nice so far.

Thair,

Love the crinoid! If it ever cools down, I am headed back out your way. I have a tender spot for crinoid cups!

Jon

"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is Silver."

Amazing find, the crinoid cup is over the top, hope you can find more of the puzzle, would be even more interesting to see it back as it once was-----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"