7 Days On The Isle Of Wight.

DE&i

Ill be catching the ferry from Southampton to the Isle of Wight tomorrow morning with my family in tow...so all of my next posts will be form walks along the coasts looking through the shingles for fossils.

Ill post photos live to my OUT IN THE FIELD link if the weather is kind for us.

And also here on the TFF.

Speak soon.

D&E.

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

hi Darren that came around quick, where is your first visit? im off im a moment to Yarmouth, lots of fine shingle on the beach for teeth to hide in. don't forget Yaverland would be a good first stop as toy have the beach and the museum to get all the info there is, on the counter you will find a little booklet for £2 called "where dinosaurs roamed" is a good guide to the back on the iow, will keep my copy on me.

will pm mobile so you can get hold of me.

ps the dino museum in yaverland also do well priced guided walks!

happy hunting hope to catch you soon!

Can't wait! We're planning a family trip across the pond next year, and the Isle of Wight is on the top of my list to visit! Looking forward to seeing what you find!

Matt

…..So seven days on the Isle of Wight was a real eye opener I’m still working on my report back with photos , shouldn’t take much longer . Also I would like to say a big thank you to Adie_uk of the TFF for sparing me a few hours of his time to hook up with me on one of my days there. With the end result of now adding Turtle shell /crocodile scute / and some fish bone to my collection and more importantly a very warm welcome upon my arrival. It’s certainly a great feeling to share a passion of all things fossils with like-minded people.

Cheers Adie.

Regards,

Darren.

p.s. here’s a little taster of where we were staying (Brighstone Bay….5.00am with the tide out you can walk for miles and view some of the best examples of chines in their natural state).

post-10585-0-81324300-1377385459_thumb.jpg

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

Your more than welcome it was nice to meet you and have a rummage on the beach, shame you did not have a little more tome so we could visit more locations but there is always next time! :D

Still cant believe that large turtle caprice section!, I must have walked past that a dozen times or so in the past, just goes to show what can be missed and that the beach must be hiding other goodies just a case of finding them. well done! cant wait to read your report!

p.s I see in the photo there is lots of weed on the back of the island too, could have been covering some of the tumbled bone or other goodies?

Matt ...let me know when you have a date for visiting!

Edited by Adie_uk