Edisto River Fossil Fest

sharkdentist

Well another year has come and gone for my birthday.....as every year we geared up for a week long dive on the edisto river in south Carolina with svillej.....and toothhoover......but the river was not going to play nice and was way to high due to all the rain this summer....so we set aside one day for beer drinking and cleaning up yard at my vacation home on the river due to the river being out banks 2 weeks earlier......then we set out to summerville the rest of the week looking for new spots......we hiked about a mile through swamp and found a nice little creek with a lot of gravel in it and we started sifiting .....was able to score some nice great whites.....a reef shark tooth.....a couple nice angustiden that were over one inch or so.......then it happened the big angustiden was right there laying on my shovel.......4 inches long with feeding tip damage that would have put it well over 4 inches a monster......all in all good time great food at cook out and good friends......

post-1253-0-47406700-1376854385_thumb.jpg

post-1253-0-24847500-1376854531_thumb.jpg

Happy Birthday (belated though the wish may be)!

Nothin' quite like a big, honkin' Angy to get the heart pumpin'!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Fantastic Angy, would like to see your other finds. Your file size seems to be quite large, took a long time to view the pix of the Angy in your hand-----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

thats a big angy man! would love to see a group picture off all your finds from your trip!

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

He forgot to tell you about the rain. We were in downpours all day, then he found the Angy and the sun came out long enough to take a picture.

ha ha and the ride down the side the ditch on my butt out into the creek looked like the movie romance in the stone......