I'm Looking For Fossil Fish Poop!

Dave Daniel AKA (Bones)

Guest bmorefossil
Now that is cheating, you aren't supposed to do that, makes me look like I had 1 too many to drink. :D

now how am i cheating :P go look at my post that is what i wrote lol

and who said anything about drinking slur buddy

OK, we're getting off discussion here.

Anyone know the type? I think the guy said they came from some other country.

Still looking for a source.

Darwin? Anybody?

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

now how am i cheating :P go look at my post that is what i wrote lol

and who said anything about drinking slur buddy

You are right the second time after you hit the edit button. :D Time for 1 more glass.

Now it's Monday for me. I see Auspex is online. Have any suggestions?

Now it's Monday for me. I see Auspex is online. Have any suggestions?

I see a lot of "turtle poop" for sale (on line) that would make good jewelry. Not exactly bulk pricing on FEE-bay, but the stuff is out there and seems to be common enough; maybe you can track down a dealer that way.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Try "fossil_fish_poop_made_while_u_wait.com"

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I see a lot of "turtle poop" for sale (on line) that would make good jewelry. Not exactly bulk pricing on FEE-bay, but the stuff is out there and seems to be common enough; maybe you can track down a dealer that way.

Must be a pretty common poop since the guy had so much.

I pick up bucket loads of poop in the Oligocene badlands from mammals, but they are big and fat. (Not good for earrings)

I bought them from a show in Lake George, Co

It had been a horrible show. Rained for four days. You can always get good deals at the last few hours of the show because

vender's are desperate to make some money at the end if it has been a bad show especially.

Where is Tracer, he seems to have a vast amount of knowledge and resources?

Guest bmorefossil
Must be a pretty common poop since the guy had so much.

I pick up bucket loads of poop in the Oligocene badlands from mammals, but they are big and fat. (Not good for earrings)

yea you might have a problem with mammal poo unless you are out there and found some rat poo or something lol

Where is Tracer, he seems to have a vast amount of knowledge and resources?

Do you mean in general, or about poop? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Fossil Poo. Actually, I have a shitsue (No pun intended) puppy that makes poo about the right size. I would have to bury it and let it fossilize.

Don't think I can wait that long.

Guest bmorefossil
Fossil Poo. Actually, I have a shitsue (No pun intended) puppy that makes poo about the right size. I would have to bury it and let it fossilize.

Don't think I can wait that long.

its shih tzu not shitsue lol we always are making jokes about ours.

Do what they do dodododododo {sorry got carried a way} with the moose, cookie sheet low temp in oven to harden then polyurethane coating, it works. I know someone that collect dried deer balls and spray paints them gold, calls them gold nuggets and sells them to kids for .50 cents, he can't keep them in stock! :P

Guest bmorefossil
Do what they do dodododododo {sorry got carried a way} with the moose, cookie sheet low temp in oven to harden then polyurethane coating, it works. I know someone that collect dried deer balls and spray paints them gold, calls them gold nuggets and sells them to kids for .50 cents, he can't keep them in stock! :P

that is the weirdest thing i have ever heard! but its funny lol

its shih tzu not shitsue lol we always are making jokes about ours.

Hey, I don't know how to spell it. I just got one.

Fun dog! He chases everything.

Anyway, we're off track again.

Got Poo?

Guest bmorefossil
Hey, I don't know how to spell it. I just got one.

Fun dog! He chases everything.

Anyway, we're off track again.

Got Poo?

hey does yours say mama becuase mine does, but back to the poo, i already posted mine lol everyone looked over it

hey does yours say mama becuase mine does, but back to the poo, i already posted mine lol everyone looked over it

Couldn't find your post. Whats it called?

I seriously don't know where to start with this. This thread is so bizarre and disjointed, that I'm using normal capitalization and maybe even a touch of paragraphing in an effort to compensate for what has gone before.

OK, first of all, when exactly did this become the Poop Earrings Forum? Nevermind that, let's move on. Dave and Momma - if ya'll don't cut it out, every business school in the country is going to find this thread and send Anson sympathy letters written on toilet paper so it can be recycled through another esteemed member's fund-raising invention.

Speaking of which, let me point out some flaws in your business concepts to this point, and a very practical solution. OK, first of all, going into any sort of production of a product, one must be certain of two things. First, that there will be adequate demand for the product, to ensure sufficient sales to pay all the bills. Now, I cannot fault your concept of selling glorified excrement to people, as people have more than proven themselves capable of creating an unlimited demand for anything outrageous and useless. It is, for reasons which escape me, the human condition. OK, so enough about demand.

In order to meet the demand, which you have already determined exists, you need a number of things, but a priority must certainly be an adequate supply of materials from which to create your, um, craplery(?) So anyway, the little mechanical findings to make earrings, clasps, broaches, etc. aren't an issue. You can obtain those from any lapidary supply, and if you tell them what you're doing, they'll probably give you a discount out of sympathy. But the problem, as you've apparently somehow managed to discern through the existential haze that doubtless fogs your every waking moment, is that you're having trouble coming up with enough fossil poop. No freakin' duh! Obviously, you could attempt to solve this by building a time machine and going back and strewing laxatives all over the land and seascapes, but that doesn't seem practical.

So, now, <drumroll, please> I bring myself to my proposed solution for your issue. A kindred entrepreneurial spirit on the board is already capitalizing on a capitOl idea. The idea involves a bucket and toilet paper and Washington - sound familiar? OK, his idea seems destined for certain success, and a major byproduct of that success is going to be what? Yes - a plethora of poop! And not just any poop, either, but special, collectible poop.

OK, so you can probably work out the rest of the details for yourself, but of course you need to get some dung beetles to roll the poop into little balls. The dung beetles will probably need to be trained to roll the balls onto cookie sheets to be run through the sterilization ovens. (Don't want the poop procreatin' on ya, or you could end up over your head in this deal, which could be a bad thing.). No, I really didn't mean that type of sterilization. I was just kidding.

Anyway, then you need sprinkle the poop balls with some sort of glazing siliceous compound and fire them in a kiln. A very, very, smelly kiln.

Finally, glue on the jewelry stuff, package the product, ship it out to the clamoring hoards, and grab the money hand-over-fist, employing only trustworthy courier services to haul the bags of moolah to the bank for you.

OK - I have to admit - I didn't come up with this idea myself. No, no. People have been talking for some time about investing in "spiders". Many have thought that to mean an investment vehicle known as Standard and Poor's Depository Receipts. But no, it means "Silicified Poop In Democratically Encouraged Recycling".

Buy some SPIDERs today!

(P.S. - I truly love all of you on this board, and if any of the snarge above was minsconscrewed as to be ill-bred or humorless, then you obviously didn't watch the survivor finale last night, cause a couple of those folks have raised mean to an art form!

I seriously don't know where to start with this. This thread is so bizarre and disjointed, that I'm using normal capitalization and maybe even a touch of paragraphing in an effort to compensate for what has gone before.

OK, first of all, when exactly did this become the Poop Earrings Forum? Nevermind that, let's move on. Dave and Momma - if ya'll don't cut it out, every business school in the country is going to find this thread and send Anson sympathy letters written on toilet paper so it can be recycled through another esteemed member's fund-raising invention.

Speaking of which, let me point out some flaws in your business concepts to this point, and a very practical solution. OK, first of all, going into any sort of production of a product, one must be certain of two things. First, that there will be adequate demand for the product, to ensure sufficient sales to pay all the bills. Now, I cannot fault your concept of selling glorified excrement to people, as people have more than proven themselves capable of creating an unlimited demand for anything outrageous and useless. It is, for reasons which escape me, the human condition. OK, so enough about demand.

In order to meet the demand, which you have already determine exists, you need a number of things, but a priority must certainly be an adequate supply of materials from which to create your, um, craplery(?) So anyway, the little mechanical findings to make earrings, clasps, broaches, etc. aren't an issue. You can obtain those from any lapidary supply, and if you tell them what you're doing, they'll probably give you a discount out of sympathy. But the problem, as you've apparently somehow managed to discern through the existential haze that doubtless fogs your every waking moment, is that you're having trouble coming up with enough fossil poop. No freakin' duh! Obviously, you could attempt to solve this by building a time machine and going back and strewing laxatives all over the land and seascapes, but that doesn't seem practical.

So, now, <drumroll, please> I bring myself to my proposed solution for your issue. A kindred entrepreneurial spirit on the board is already capitalizing on a capitOl idea. The idea involves a bucket and toilet paper and Washington - sound familiar? OK, his idea seems destined for certain success, and a major byproduct of that success is going to be what? Yes - a plethora of poop! And not just any poop, either, but special, collectible poop.

OK, so you can probably work out the rest of the details for yourself, but of course you need to get some dung beetles to roll the poop into little balls. The dung beetles will probably need to be trained to roll the balls onto cookie sheets to be run through the sterilization ovens. (Don't want the poop procreatin' on ya, or you could end up over your head in this deal, which could be a bad thing.). No, I really didn't mean that type of sterilization. I was just kidding.

Anyway, then you need sprinkle the poop balls with some sort of glazing siliceous compound and fire them in a kiln. A very, very, smelly kiln.

Finally, glue on the jewelry stuff, package the product, ship it out to the clamoring hoards, and grab the money hand-over-fist, employing only trustworthy courier services to haul the bags of moolah to the bank for you.

OK - I have to admit - I didn't come up with this idea myself. No, no. People have been talking for some time about investing in "spiders". Many have thought that to mean an investment vehicle known as Standard and Poor's Depository Receipts. But no, it means "Silicified Poop In Democratically Encouraged Recycling".

Buy some SPIDERs today!

(P.S. - I truly love all of you on this board, and if any of the snarge above was minsconscrewed as to be ill-bred or humorless, then you obviously didn't watch the survivor finale last night, cause a couple of those folks have raised mean to an art form!

:applause: That was priceless, I was wondering when you would chime in!!!! :rofl: I laughed so hard I had to go XXXXXX

In order to meet the demand, which you have already determine exists, you need a number of things, but a priority must certainly be an adequate supply of materials from which to create your, um, craplery(?) So anyway, the little mechanical findings to make earrings, clasps, broaches, etc. aren't an issue. You can obtain those from any lapidary supply, and if you tell them what you're doing, they'll probably give you a discount out of sympathy. But the problem, as you've apparently somehow managed to discern through the existential haze that doubtless fogs your every waking moment, is that you're having trouble coming up with enough fossil poop. No freakin' duh! Obviously, you could attempt to solve this by building a time machine and going back and strewing laxatives all over the land and seascapes, but that doesn't seem practical.

Buy some SPIDERs today!

Oh!

Oh!

You used up so much room on the server with that reply (manusha), I had to wait for the system to respond.