New Issue Acta Palaeontologica Polonica

piranha

The following Open-Access PDFs were just published online. From dinosaurs to marrellomorphs, there is something for everyone. Also, for a brief moment of levity, the paper on Eocene frogs has an author named 'Rana' and the paper on Jurassic gastropods has an author named 'Ferrari'.... those are worthy of a good paleo-chuckle any day! :P

Enjoy the excellent papers!

OPEN ACCESS PDFS

Gol’din, P.E., & Vishnyakova, K.A. (2013)

Africanacetus from the sub-antarctic region: the southernmost record of fossil beaked whales.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):445-452

Hone, D.W., Choiniere, J.N., Tan, Q., & Xu, X. (2013)

An articulated pes from a small parvicursorine alvarezsauroid dinosaur from Inner Mongolia, China.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):453-458

Suteethorn, S., Loeuff, J.L.,Buffetaut, E., Suteethorn, V., & Wongko, K. (2013)

First Evidence of a Mamenchisaurid Dinosaur from the Upper Jurassic-Lower Cretaceous Phu Kradung Formation of Thailand.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):459-469

Vincent, P., Bardet, N., & Mattioli, E. (2013)

A New Pliosaurid from the Pliensbachian, Early Jurassic of Normandy, Northern France.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):471-485

Underwood, C.J., & Schlögl, J. (2013)

Deep-Water Chondrichthyans from the Early Miocene of the Vienna Basin (Central Paratethys, Slovakia).

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):487-509

Folie, A., Rana, R.S., Rose, K.D., Sahni, A., Kumar, K., Singh, L., & Smith, T. (2013)

Early Eocene Frogs from Vastan Lignite Mine, Gujarat, India

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):511-524

Thuy, B., & Schulz, H. (2013)

The Oldest Representative of a Modern Deep-Sea Ophiacanthid Brittle-Star Clade from Jurassic Shallow-Water Coral Reef Sediments.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):525-531

Nardin, E., & Bohatý, J. (2013)

A New Pleurocystitid Blastozoan from the Middle Devonian of the Eifel (Germany) and Its Phylogenetic Importance.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):533-544

Zamora, S., Sumrall, C.D., & Vizcaïno, D. (2013)

Morphology and Ontogeny of the Cambrian Edrioasteroid Echinoderm Cambraster cannati from Western Gondwana.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):545-559

McGowan, A.J., & Kiessling, W. (2013)

Using Abundance Data to Assess the Relative Role of Sampling Biases and Evolutionary Radiations in Upper Muschelkalk Ammonoids.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):561-572

Gill, F.L., & Little, C.T.S. (2013)

A New Genus of Lucinid Bivalve from Hydrocarbon Seeps.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):573-578

Ferrari, S.M. (2013)

New Early Jurassic Gastropods from West-Central Patagonia, Argentina.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):579-593

Zágoršek, K., & Gordon, D.P. (2013)

Late Tortonian Bryozoans from Mut Basin, Central Anatolian Plateau, Southern Turkey.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):595-607

Nel, P., Schmidt, A.R., Bässler, C., & Nel, A. (2013)

Fossil Thrips of the Family Uzelothripidae Suggest 53 Million Years of Morphological and Ecological Stability.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):609-614

Rak, S., Ortega-Hernández, J., & Legg, D.A. (2013)

A Revision of the Late Ordovician Marrellomorph Arthropod Furca bohemica from Czech Republic.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):615-628

Haug, J.T., Castellani, C., Haug, C., Waloszek, D., & Maas, A. (2013)

A Marrella-Like Arthropod from the Cambrian of Australia: A New Link Between “Orsten”-Type and Burgess Shale Assemblages.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):629-639

Botting, J.P., Muir, L.A., Li, X-F., & Lin, J-P. (2013)

An Enigmatic, Possibly Chemosymbiotic, Hexactinellid Sponge from the Early Cambrian of South China.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):641-649

Holcová, K. (2013)

Morphological Variability of the Paratethyan Oligocene-Miocene Small Reticulofenestrid Coccolites and Its Paleoecological and Paleogeographical Implications.

Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 58(3):651-668

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

quite a cache Scott, thanks :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Yep Scott, more good stuff. I think I do need a speed reading class and/or someone who will digest the abstracts and pull out the really good stuff. Maybe its much simpler---I just need to narrow my interests! Thanks! Regards, Chris

why go through bioone? just go straight from the website

Why not? BioOne is a larger portal for many other excellent journals. The link you posted has a link back to the BioOne version as well.

Don't shoot the messenger! Unfortunately, BioOne is one of many journal repositories with restricted access. Whether or not the content requires institutional or university access, it's still important to determine what papers are available on any given subject. If you ever need any research materials just post a request and someone here will certainly be able to assist further.

Don't shoot the messenger! Unfortunately, BioOne is one of many journal repositories with restricted access. Whether or not the content requires institutional or university access, it's still important to determine what papers are available on any given subject. If you ever need any research materials just post a request and someone here will certainly be able to assist further.

absolutely; and it's good to have stuff like that (i.e. notifications of new publications) posted here because it can easily get missed.

I make it a habit to not shoot messengers...they tend to not tell you anything more after you do :D lol

Personally I'm 99% for open-access papers but in my experience most authors are generally quite glad to provide PDFs of their work if you shoot them an email.

Edited by Regg Cato