One For The Barbie

Rockaholic

Gorgeous! You should be very happy with that little guy. I too would like to see the whole nodule for a photo :D

Glad you reminded me I almost forgot to post this photo

post-6292-0-44271900-1380254679_thumb.jpg

It appears to be Palaeocaris typus based on the larger 6th thoracic segment. Looking forward to the assessment by RCFossils.

Congrats on finding it! :fistbump:

attachicon.gifIMG1.jpg

Thanks for the ID

Beautiful shrimp

It appears to me to be an acanthotelson stimpsoni.

The tail has 3 prongs.

Palaeocaris has rounded paddles

I appreciate your insight.

WOW! nice specimens.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I have found them in the Agatized Coral from Tampa Bay, Florida area dredge material (spoils) and sometimes they are a flouresent blue with the black and white Coral background.

Joe D.

I have found them in the Agatized Coral from Tampa Bay, Florida area dredge material (spoils) and sometimes they are a flouresent blue with the black and white Coral background.

Joe D.

Ooooo, may I see one please?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Auspex,

I gave them all away to a fellow who was making jewelry to make ends meet. My grandchildren got a few before I donated them. He wanted more but I only took a few from my last trip to Honeymoon Island in the last century.

Joe D.

Rockaholic that is an incredible shrimp. Do we know if that species was fresh or salt water related? The flora are amazing too! Thanks for posting.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

I wondered about the environment that this shrimp lived in also and here’s what I found. Acanthotelson stimpsoni is a

shrimplike animal that lived in the

ancient sea or brackish lagoonal waters

adjacent to the sea which covered

much of Indiana and Illinois.

Rockaholic that is an incredible shrimp. Do we know if that species was fresh or salt water related? The flora are amazing too! Thanks for posting.

Thanks I was thinking of the associated vegetation which really puts the ecosystem in perspective,

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

• 2 weeks later...