Cen- Tex Penn, Crinoids & Stuff From Clay Pit

thair

Went out to the Clay Pit, Coleman County central Texas, yesterday for a couple hours. Picked up a little including a little bitty crinoid that is a new one for my colection. I have not ID it yet so if anyone knows what it is let me know. I still have to look through more of my documentation to see if I can find. I beleave the other two larger ones are "Delocrinus vulgatus" 1st pic and "Parulocrinus compactus" 4th pic,

post-3664-0-11227600-1381853128_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-48976900-1381853146_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-96483000-1381853178_thumb.jpg

post-3664-0-90990900-1381853203_thumb.jpg

Edited by thair

That's the smallest crinoid I've ever seen, especially considering how complete it is. Most of what I find in Texas is broken pieces. I guess separate parts of that one would be micro-fossils :)

By "clay pit" I assume you're talking about Wilson's. I haven't been there in years, maybe it's time to go back...and bring a microscope.

Nice fossils. I am in real need of a Paleozoic fix. The little crinoid is amazing. Did it appear to be freshly weathered free?

That's the smallest crinoid I've ever seen, especially considering how complete it is. Most of what I find in Texas is broken pieces. I guess separate parts of that one would be micro-fossils :)

By "clay pit" I assume you're talking about Wilson's. I haven't been there in years, maybe it's time to go back...and bring a microscope.

Yes out at Wilson's. I am surprised I even saw that little one. Just happened to sit down in the right place.

Nice fossils. I am in real need of a Paleozoic fix. The little crinoid is amazing. Did it appear to be freshly weathered free?

It had not been exposed very long, in fact I am not even going to clean it for fear it will come appart.