Skull

Cpt. Nemo

Child? Alien?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Well, it's certainly human. Might be female, the brow ridges are not prominent. What does the writing on the skull say?

Looks like mostly frontal and sphenoid, missing the face and most of the braincase.

I work just to identify entries. They are unfortunately deleted the important places. One says "Fragment of the [...] on [...]." Another handwritten inscription says' head ... ". The others are illegible.
I found instead the eyebrows a little too prominent. But I did not know.

It appears that it is a female and it is human. It may be from a 19th century phrenological collection.

Rich

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

It also appears that the individual was autopsied in the old fashioned way, with a v shaped notch cut in the skull cap to match a v-shaped projection on the other side enabling the two parts of the skull to be realigned properly for replacement of the facial skin. Usually, a similar notch was cut on both sides of the head, and I'm seeing only one here, but this was a juvenile, as none of the sutures was sealed.

That would indicate that it wasn't an autopsy cut, then, Nemo. So it is a juvenile disarticulated. Still a cool piece.

Hi Capt Nemo-

I have no news on this skull, but just want to say it was nice to meet you. J'ai netoyer les morceaux oeufs un peut avec la sableuse et ils sont beaucoup plus visible. J'espere que tu est content avec tes dents/fossiles.

I just want to say that a while ago Capt Nemo offered to trade/sell some Oligocene bird eggshells from France. I did so and am completely pleased with them, and with meeting him. (Just a hint, Mr auspex).

I admire his style, as well as his specimens :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thank you.
Jpc, I am very happy with the fossils we have exchanged. And I'm glad you could enhance the shells to the sand.

// Jpc, je suis très content des fossiles que nous avons échangés. Et je suis heureux que tu ais pu valoriser les coquilles à la sableuse.
J'espère que ton séjour en France fut plaisant, as-tu fais quelques découvertes dans le Sud ?