Extinct Tree And Plant Encyclopdia Help

travisb

I'm kind of curious about the same thing... I have a book called Common Fossil Plants of Western North America, 2nd Ed. (doesn't include TX or anywhere east of there) but I don't know if I would recommend it until they come out with a new edition with better pictures. The photos are pixelly but there are some decent drawings in there. I wonder if there is an Eastern N.A. version too.

Edited by Wrangellian

Looking for a good paleo botany book with illustratioms and fossils of extinct trees and plant

Amy help appreciated.

Are you looking for plants of all ages, or that from a particular era?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

General Palaeobotany books:

Taylor, Edith L., Thomas N. Taylor, and Michael Krings. Paleobotany: the biology and evolution of fossil plants. Academic Press, 2009.

Stewart, W. N., and G. W. Rothwell. "Paleobotany and the evolution of plantsCambridge University Press." New York, NY, USA, 2009.

Cleal, Christopher J., and Barry A. Thomas. An introduction to plant fossils. Cambridge University Press, 2009.
To name a few.

Searching for green in the dark grey.