Amateur Collecting Laws In Bc ,canada

XZY

Hello.

I just recently joined the forum and wondering if anyone can tell me the laws in BC, Canada for amateur fossil collecting, both vertebrate and invertebrate. Thank you.

I'm sure some of the BC members of the forum will chime in soon. My understanding is that the current status is that there are no restrictions on collecting on provincial land, with the exception of the McAbee site which has been designated a Heritage site. Of course no collecting is allowed in provincial or national parks, or on sites that have been staked as mining claims (such as the Tanglefoot Creek trilobite site). That being said, the lack of regulation has come to the attention of the legislature, so you may anticipate some changes down the road.

Don

Hi from Calgary Alberta you should find a PDF copy of this on line.

If I knew where my copy is I would post it, but it's lost some where on this d#% new computer

Edited by grampa dino

Grampa....so you got rid of your Commodore 64?

It was a Vick 20

I found the file but I can not post it ?????

Thank you all. It was my understanding that there was very little regulation, however, when I do a google, it appears that they are in fact managed by the Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resources ( Lands Branch). Amateurs may collect, however, any vertebrate or track material must be undertaken by a qualified person holding a permit.........so it seems that there are rules after all....?