Is This Real?

TyrannosaurusRex

My opinion is this: Its not an entirely perfect specimen (sorry, its a cool specimen, but not complete), so what´s the point in faking it? Fossil fakes are are made to earn money, and the better a fossil looks, the more money it gets, thus i do not believe it is a fake, however i can´t prove its genuine either. However, it´s not certain that it actually comes from Spinosaurus, but looking at how it looks, where i presume its from and its presumed size, i´d say it is likely.

I hope this helped you in some way

So this is from fossil shack. They have it a Spinosaurus vertabrae. Is it genuine?attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The owner of Fossil Shack is a member in very good standing at TFF and he can certainly address any concerns you might have. I have never purchased anything from his company but I'm fairly confident his customers will attest to the excellent quality of his vertebrate fossil specimens.

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

The owner of Fossil Shack is a member in very good standing at TFF and he can certainly address any concerns you might have. I have never purchased anything from his company but I'm fairly confident his customers will attest to the excellent quality of his vertebrate fossil specimens.

I have no reservations about this seller; he is a top expert in this material, and would never toss out a half-baked ID.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks for all of your answers. I don't know if this means anything, but I emailed the owner 3 or 4 times and never received an answer.

I would certainly have concerns on the ID but it looks real to me, not a fake. Not sure how he could call it a Spino with so very few specimens found. I would encourage to keep trying to get a response from him.