Here Are Some Of My Pictures (hopefully)

barefootgirl

Here are a few of the smaller things that I have found out at my spot. Sorry about the picture quality. will post more tomorow. I you can make them out could you please tell me what kind of teeth we have and what that bone might have belonged to. I just picked it up thinking it would look cool hanging off my walking stick. The best arrowhead I ever found in my creek is the one on the bottom left, my favorite one is the orange one with the green heart in it.

post-1082-1230348454_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1230348793_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Those points are fantastic! Great finds!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Here are a few of the smaller things that I have found out at my spot. Sorry about the picture quality. will post more tomorow. I you can make them out could you please tell me what kind of teeth we have and what that bone might have belonged to. I just picked it up thinking it would look cool hanging off my walking stick. The best arrowhead I ever found in my creek is the one on the bottom left, my favorite one is the orange one with the green heart in it.

post-1082-1230348454_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1230348793_thumb.jpg

Great points, the teeth from your pics. are a little hard to I.D. , Keep hunting and posting !! Good start.!

Barefootgirl, good finds! My best guess on your points, from the top,

#1 - need a better pic; is it complete? are the edges ground smooth?

#2 - maybe a re-worked Gary point

#3 - maybe a re-worked Pedernales point

#4 - (your favorite) is possibly a Kent point

#5 & #6 - more Gary points

There's a piece of turtle plastron next to the points; next to it are assorted gastropod casts. The dagger like teeth could be Scapanorhynchus. The lower right tooth seems to be a Ptychodus mortoni (could be 3 others on that side).

Keep it up.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

WOW, Nice Ptychodus teeth!! How big are those??

I little over two inches long. You can see it a little better under my last post named crystalized baculite and others. The detail on it is awesome and the root is perfect. Are ptychodus a type of ray I was calling them whippeli teeth.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Fantastic little collection of quality stuff there... but, see if you can get better pics or use a friends camera, I'd love to see that Ptychodus in better detail. :D

Congrats - those are some super cool finds.

Jax and I start salivating when you mention a 2" ptychodus tooth!!!

:faint:

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"