Lepidodendron And Some Bothrodendrons

RomanK

The scale bark on that Lepidodendron looks absolutely prehistoric. Wish I could find one like that. Beautiful specimens and great photography. Your Carboniferous finds set a high standard. Congratulations!

Hi Roman, nice finds as usual. Hoping you were able to get the help you were looking for.

I was just out rereading some things for free in my JSTOR.org bookshelf and ran across this article that I had saved. They have a number of great articles available there for free--you have to limit your freebies to 3 at a time but its nice to have some access to this stuff

post-1240-0-69255600-1385906174_thumb.jpg

Looks like the author is describing Bothrodendron trunks from near where I was born! Another fossil plant opportunity I missed!

Jeff and I did get out yesterday, no fossil plants anywhere, but we did find a fair number of vertebrate and invert pieces! It was another good day collecting!

Continued Bothrodendron success!

Regards, Chris

Hi Chris! Thank you very much for your help and useful advices you provided me last time. C. Wnuk's article I read before but not agree with his tree reconstruction version (looks like a "bottle brush"). I developed my personal version but still have lack of provements.

Unfortunately Mr. Thomas didn't answer yet. My habit version is not match to Hirmer or Wnuk one.

Main allowances:
Stem has the main dichotomy
Second and third order branches have the anisotomous structure
Final branch order has the isotomous branching
Cones appeared at the leafy terminal branches of final order
Any branch could be shedded at appropriate time
Regards, Roman
post-814-0-12944200-1385910133_thumb.jpgpost-814-0-88883600-1385910136_thumb.jpg
Edited by RomanK

Hi Chris! Thank you very much for your help and useful advices you provided me last time. C. Wnuk's article I read before but not agree with his tree reconstruction version (looks like a "bottle brush"). I developed my personal version but still have lack of provements.

Unfortunately Mr. Thomas didn't answer yet. My habit version is not match to Hirmer or Wnuk one.

Main allowances:
Stem has the main dichotomy
Second and third order branches have the anisotomous structure
Final branch order has the isotomous branching
Cones appeared at the leafy terminal branches of final order
Any branch could be shedded at appropriate time
Regards, Roman

Yep, understand. You are looking and finding material from the limited upper branched canopy and he seems to have been essentially looking at the middle/lower bases of the tree. Nice models/illustrations! Regards, Chris

• 2 weeks later...