Another In Situation Pic

Mudduck

See if you can spot this tooth. I had posted this yesterday on another site. Look close! I will post a follow up photo later. Just to show how easy it is to miss a land find. Enjoy.

In Charleston, South Carolina

post-7271-0-37691000-1386021972_thumb.jpg

Found it.

Tricky.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hi,

It is here !

2rppmds.jpg

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Sometimes it sucks being color blind...I wouldn't have seen that in a million years unless I was knee crawling and even then there's a good chance I wouldn't have noticed it.

What's it look like cleaned up?

Sometimes it sucks being color blind...I wouldn't have seen that in a million years unless I was knee crawling and even then there's a good chance I wouldn't have noticed it.

What's it look like cleaned up?

Don't kid yourself. I bet if you were there you would have spotted it before anyone would. I don't look for colors, just lines and shapes. By doing this, I find more than shark teeth. I scan looking for anything that doesn't look like a rock. I found this tooth by the lines only.

I will post a pic shortly. Just got in a short while ago. This tooth is very fragile. The cusp has already broke of just rinsing it. I think soaking in the sun has kind of baked it.

it is right above the horizontal leaf. Yes very hard to see and very easy to miss indeed.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

• 2 weeks later...

Don't kid yourself. I bet if you were there you would have spotted it before anyone would. I don't look for colors, just lines and shapes. By doing this, I find more than shark teeth. I scan looking for anything that doesn't look like a rock. I found this tooth by the lines only.

I will post a pic shortly. Just got in a short while ago. This tooth is very fragile. The cusp has already broke of just rinsing it. I think soaking in the sun has kind of baked it.

Sucks about it being so fragile :(

I have to say, you are correct about the shapes rather than colors, at least with the beach hunting I do (Although if I am out at dusk, I look for dark objects and pick anything up that is darker than the sand). I find a lot of shark teeth at the beach, and it's the shapes that I look for. REALLY want to try it somewhere inland where i have the chance to find a big tooth.