Masculine Ammonite Pendant

Bev

A TFF friend sent me some beautiful fluorescent fossils and an ammonite he wanted wrapped for a necklace. He just received it and he said it is "fantastic", and his wife likes it too.

Thought this might inspire someone's creativity, given the holidays and all. :-D

post-9628-0-62778500-1386357758_thumb.jpg

For more pics and some of the lore, go here:

http://www.bluffcountryfossils.com/blog/masculine-ammonite-pendant/

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

Very nice! :)

What gauge and hardness wire are you using? I haven't yet tried making spirals in my wire-wrapping, just simple cages. I may have to experiment!

I'm using between a 20 and a 24 gauge wire. I have found that the 26 gauge is the easiest to work with and fits the most beads on, but often isn't strong enough alone to hold fossils for the long term.

Most of the wire I find is copper inside but may have a colored coating on the outside. Or aluminum and coated. Sometimes I splurge and buy the German silver wire.

I like some of the lore behind the wires and stones. For example, using copper is purported to give the wearer a better metabolism, less pain, and other health benefits. Turquoise may impart wisdom.

For me, it is not just wrapping the fossil into an attractive, wearable display, but imparting health and wisdom to the wearer - but that is just me... :-)

Go to my

Pinned Posts:

Sounds cool! I have heard about such properties for stones, though not for metals. I've only worked with the bare-wire simulated silver and gold.

I'm considering trying to drill some of the pyrite nodules I collected at Penn-Dixie to use as beads. I probably shouldn't tell whoever gets a necklace including them that they're most likely coprolites!! :P

Pyrite Healing Properties

Pyrite.jpg♥ Intelligence ♥ Mental stability ♥ Logic ♥ Creativity ♥ Psychic development ♥ Memory ♥ Practicality ♥ Optimism ♥ Channeling abilities ♥ Learning and Perception

You can tell them about all the healing properties of pyrite in whatever form it comes in. :-D

Go to my

Pinned Posts:

Pyrite Healing Properties

♥ Intelligence ♥ Mental stability ♥ Logic ♥ Creativity ♥ Psychic development ♥ Memory ♥ Practicality ♥ Optimism ♥ Channeling abilities ♥ Learning and Perception

That's an impressive list for a 350 million year old fecal pellet!! :D I think they'd make cool beads because of their crystalline surface--they sparkle!