Some New Megalodon Tooth Finds

megateeth

I have been out of touch lately, but these are a few of my more recent finds. I will try to post more often in the future

post-1309-0-72815900-1387241460_thumb.jpg

These are my better finds from today. On the first dive I found the 3.05 inch Mako tooth. On the second dive i found this top quality 5.9" Megalodon tooth. It looks like there is a chip near the root on the right side but the blade is rippled from crowding in the mouth. It is a killer Megalodon tooth.

post-1309-0-77763000-1387241458_thumb.jpg

This is a 4.45" flawless Megalodon tooth from Saturday's dive!!

post-1309-0-29945900-1387241462_thumb.jpg

Some new necklaces I added to my site

post-1309-0-83727800-1387241454_thumb.jpgpost-1309-0-35183100-1387241457_thumb.jpg

Lastly a 6" Meg I found a week or so ago.

I will try to post more going forward. ETA I have been putting my find photos on Facebook so if anyone wants to see large photos or more recent finds you can see them here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Megateeth-Fossils/102023704655

From now on I will post them here as well.

Edited by megateeth

Hey Bill, what compound are you using on the teeth when you do polish them?

Nice finds too, I need to get to diving down here in Savannah area.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

And thus, in a week of diving, Megateeh has accomplished my lifelong tooth hunting goals. Congratulations on the fantastic finds. What beautiful teeth.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Always good to hear from you, Bill, whenever you can manage it :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Beautiful teeth,one day I need to head up that way to hunt for sure!Venice may be the shark tooth capital but not in size lol

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

OMG. Your collecting (diving) is in a completely different stratosphere. Anything over 3" is considered a once in a lifetime find for me since I have so few teeth over that size (we don't grow'em too big here in MD). I can't imagine finding the size teeth that you do, even if you only find a few of these huge pristine specimens per year, that's more than most folks will find in a lifetime.

With regards to how you prep/buff the teeth, do you use jewelers pumice? I heard some folks use that, while some use Mother's aluminum Mag wheel polish, toothpaste, etc.

Daryl.

I want to be you! At least long enough to find one giant one...

And nice double entendre… "Killer Meg Tooth". LOL! Let me know if you find any Vegan Megs!

Edited by TNGray

Great specimens and finds!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

I think I just recently came across your storefront, and drolled all over it. Need to bookmark that for a future present for my wife. I'd rather give her one that I found myself, but the odds of me finding a meg are slim, not impossible since Sharktooth Hill is only 2 hours away, but slim.

Herb