Air Compressor For Air Scribe

NSRhunter

Hi all I recently acquired a cp9361 Chicago Air Scribe but I don't know what compressor I am supposed to get for it. Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.Thanks!

i've been using a 5 hp, 20 gallon, 125 psi craftsman for 15 yrs. i change the oil annually, and squirt a few drops of sewing machine oil in the scribe hose quick disconnect fitting about every 8 hours. still going strong... the compressor, that is...as it has outlasted 3 scribes.

look at flow rating of all tools you think you might want to run in the next 10 years, and buy a compressor that can keep up with the most flow-hungry tool. it's hard to buy too much compressor...i'd rather have too much capacity than too little.

• I found this Informative 1

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I run a 2 HP oil less Dewalt that I am quite pleased with, cost about $400. Previously had a smaller 1.5 HP Porter unit with 6 gallon tank that really had a hard time keeping up. Porter Compressor could handle the flow but was always running which caused it to run hot and it was very noisey.

• 2 weeks later...

I run a 30 gallon dewalt and it has no issues keeping up. Keep in mind when looking for a compressor that anything over 30 gallon doesnot have a power cord sold with it. It has to be wired into your fuse box with its own circuit and plug like a dryer uses. Then a cord and plug must be wired into the compressor. This has to be done by a licenced electrician otherwise you void the warranty and if it causes a house fire, your insurance won't cover you without proof of who did the work.

My compressor cost $499 (canadian) at Lowes.

Edited by trilobite nut