I Don't Even Know...

Phillip

Sorry for the non-descriptive title, but I didn't know what to call this. Still don't.

Top:

w8tfqF4l.jpg

Bottom:

ZNlu46dl.jpg

Side:

YfCRT1Rl.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Phillip

a segment of a worm burrow?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Where is it from, and what else is found there?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Replaced the pics. I found it off the coast of Savannah, on an island that I won't disclose the exact location of. Its in the Savannah River. Along side it I found other unidentified bone fragments, and about 30 shark teeth. This particular one was pulled out of a bluff near a 3" White Shark tooth. I've found horse teeth, bones from many species, and a lot of shark teeth.

Edited by Phillip

Just a wild guess - Mammoth tooth root?

Regards,

Edited by Fossildude19

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Raptor claws have been found in the same place, before. Could it be that?

No, I think not.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

My guess is part of a rib. I have one that looks simular but with feeding feeding marks on it.

I know what island you are talking about. Been a while since I was there but I found a cool stone ax head, broken.... That a a ton of banana spiders! Lol

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

..... This particular one was pulled out of a bluff near a 3" White Shark tooth. I've found horse teeth, bones from many species, and a lot of shark teeth.

Can't help on the piece of bone, but sure would like to see a pic of that 3" White Shark tooth.

Also, I want to add, I have not heard of any raptor claws found anywhere near Savannah, I have however seen and heard of sloth claws being found and I can see where someone could mistake a giant sloth claw for a raptor claw. I mean, it would be way cooler to find a raptor claw then sloth, IMHO.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Can't help on the piece of bone, but sure would like to see a pic of that 3" White Shark tooth.

3" white shark tooth is the one in the middle. Thats my display of some of the nicest teeth I've found so far :)

RZPxuH4l.jpg

My guess is part of a rib. I have one that looks simular but with feeding feeding marks on it.

I know what island you are talking about. Been a while since I was there but I found a cool stone ax head, broken.... That a a ton of banana spiders! Lol

I have several ribs, the other ones I have are a lot smaller, though. And there are four islands that I go too... the one I found this stuff at is the far one with the tall bluffs. Only one they haven't rocked up yet and honestly the only one I've found anything good at in a few months. We've found arrowheads over there, but that is really the only archaeological stuff. Anyways, even if it is a giant sloth claw, that is still a heck of a lot cooler than a rib.

Edited by Auspex

Nice "box o' teeth".

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks