Quick Backyard Creek Trip 1/10/14

wrollings

I spent about two and a half hours in the creek behind my house, near Summerville SC, this morning. I haven't been to the creek for a week or so, and we have had some rain recently. I brought my sifter, but didn't need it. Everything here was either laying on the bank or on top of the gravel in the creek bed. I was pretty pleased, especially with the barracuda tooth (circled)!

post-13995-0-82516200-1389393937_thumb.jpg

Behind your house? You are so lucky. Congrats on the finds.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Hi Wrollings,

Sounds like you live in a real fossil hunters paradise:) Shark and ray material a plenty I see. Congratulations on a great afternoon fossiling, hope you find plenty more this weekend:)

Hi Wrollings,

Sounds like you live in a real fossil hunters paradise:) Shark and ray material a plenty I see. Congratulations on a great afternoon fossiling, hope you find plenty more this weekend:)

Unfortunately it is going to rain heavily Saturday. With any luck, Sunday should be clear, but the creek may be too deep and moving too fast to hunt. Fingers are crossed though!

Look at all the fossils from your back yard! Awesome. Thanks for the trip report. Always love seeing summerville creek finds