Bothrodendron Leaf Cushions

RomanK

Hi Roman, another pondering hmmmm from me.

I dont know what that pattern represents. Interesting to see how it shows up just along some of the margins and in others covers the entire cushion. I'm not even sure if thats inorganic or maybe biologic like some reaction to a fungal attack. Might want to shoot those 4 photos to Dr Bateman and see what he thinks since he's already aware of some of that neat stuff you are finding. Maybe even one of the gang here in the forum might have seen that before....

By replying here and bumping this thread maybe Tim, Bruno or one of the other fossil plant enthusiasts will also see this and chime in.

Another unusual find! Good observation to catch that feature and great photos. Congrats!

Regards, Chris

Edited by Plantguy

• 3 weeks later...

I will comment once again, that your photos allow the Forum viewer to really closely experience the pictured pieces. They display so well on my monitor it is like viewing a top quality printed text. I wish all the posted fossils could be viewed with such clarity.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I will comment once again, that your photos allow the Forum viewer to really closely experience the pictured pieces. They display so well on my monitor it is like viewing a top quality printed text. I wish all the posted fossils could be viewed with such clarity.

I'm really impressed! Thank you snolly50! I will do all my best to show members my future finds using such visualisation approach. Unfortunately I never play the saxophone as well as I make the picture! :)