Dimetrodon And Pancakes

dinodigger

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Got another two feet of perimeter prepped for jacket in around the two big skeletons. Have one bone that continues to be a pleasant head scratcher. Two feet long and 5 inches wide. Just doesn't fit the typical dimetrodon anatomy... weird. Did find a random varanosaur pelvis in the mix. It's adorable. About the size of a baseball. Neural spine off the big boy gave us a surprise too. Thought the rod was tapering into the wall but now it seems to be widening. Will be one of the longest neural spines I've ever seen. Maybe 5 feet. Will give us a good scale for getting an idea of size for patty. My guess is a 12 foot animal. Skull alone is close to three feet. Yikes. More importantly what kind of pancakes would a dimetrodon eat. Probably blueberry.

Wow! The things you are learning from these beasts is incredible, Chris.

Hope you find more interesting cool things to share with us.

Good luck again today!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

It doesn't get any more exciting than this!

I'm hanging on every word :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Sounds sooo exciting. Post more pics when possible. Words paint good pictures, but pictures are even better :)

Now I want some pancakes.