Two 5" Megalodon Teeth From Today.

megateeth

I dove a deep hole that is 70 feet deep today. I found these three killer shark teeth. Most of the dive was in the sand and I had to swim around until I found a spot with a hard bottom. I found two teeth just inches apart and I figured I was going to find a bunch. A few minutes later I found the largest one. Because of the depth my dive ran out way before I wanted to come up. They measured 4.91" 5.53" and 5.82". It was a great dive.

post-1309-0-86356800-1389916755_thumb.jpg

Wonderful, wonderful, and wonderful!

70 feet's gettin' down there; I'm glad you are a careful diver; so easy to be thinking "one more tooth...".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What fabulous teeth! Great finds. Do you often find other smaller teeth on your expeditions, or just the big ones?

Edited by mrieder79

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Ya know, for where I collect, one that size is pretty much the find of a lifetime. Congrats once again on such amazing finds. 70ft down is about 69ft more than I'm comfortable with :)

Wonderful, wonderful, and wonderful!

70 feet's gettin' down there; I'm glad you are a careful diver; so easy to be thinking "one more tooth...".

I try to be careful but I did something to my ear a couple of days ago. Everything is still muffled. I need to get it looked at.

What fabulous teeth! Great finds. Do you often find other smaller teeth on your expeditions, or just the big ones?

Thanks!! I get a lot mor small ones than large ones. By small I mean 3"-3.75" Megs. I find a lot of 1.5-2" makos when the water is clear. I do not find anything smaller than that because of all the nmud and poor visibility.

Beautiful teeth you found there,and fortunate to be able to dive this time of year.I have to get out the big boy panties once the water temp hits 70 or so lol.I'm a little girl when the water gets chilly.

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Beautiful teeth you found there,and fortunate to be able to dive this time of year.I have to get out the big boy panties once the water temp hits 70 or so lol.I'm a little girl when the water gets chilly.

I'm way more than a little girl when it comes to being cold. If the outside temp is below 80, I start to bundle up; sweatshirt and all. Really quite trying for poor Shrek. He laughed when I mentioned scuba gloves like a member suggested. He said my hands are like leather, who needs gloves?

wow, amazing you went down 70Ft to get them , but yes please be careful, to me deep dive is at my home tub.. Great job finding these babies.MK