Miocene Cowshark

busyeagle

I was fortunate to spot this in the cliff a few days ago. The (very blurry) in situ picture is after exposing most of the tooth. My first with a full root from that site!

post-12673-0-46508600-1390091818_thumb.jpg

post-12673-0-19569100-1390091820_thumb.jpg

My favorite :wub:

Thanks Daryl! I don't have even a fraction of your astounding cowshark collection, but I still love to find them.

Kyle

Nice tooth. Congratulations on your other find.

Marco Sr.

Thanks Marco! I will probably post that on here eventually once I get it prepped =).

Thanks Marco! I will probably post that on here eventually once I get it prepped =).

You might consider entering it into the VFOTM. Don't forget to take some "before prep" pictures.

Marco Sr,

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

Congrats. Love finding fully rooted cows and that one is a beauty. Awesome blonde color. VFOTM??? How about a tease? Cetacean skull? Peccary? Croc? Spill it!:-)

Congrats. Love finding fully rooted cows and that one is a beauty. Awesome blonde color. VFOTM??? How about a tease? Cetacean skull? Peccary? Croc? Spill it!:-)

I'm hoping to get some pics up tomorrow, so I won't keep you in suspense for long. Thanks for the enthusiasm!