Last Find Of The Day

t-tree

This find is from the last nodule i whacked on Saturday while hunting in the UK coal measures of Derbyshire.

Bellinurus

post-7909-0-34972200-1390165617_thumb.jpg

post-7909-0-90294800-1390165677_thumb.jpg

This isn't the first time my best find has come at the end of a day's hunting i must be willing it to happen though an early good find would make for a more relaxing hunt!

This is from last week and shows leaves attached to cushions.

post-7909-0-13637500-1390166456_thumb.jpg

John

• I found this Informative 1

Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead.

Both are rare and wonderful :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

How do you know which rocks to split? Is it just trial and error or can you tell?

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

That is a special site, you don't see too many of these around!

I am the same; many times I have found little or nothing until I am about to leave, then Bang.. I wonder if this is because I decide to leave after finding my 'find of the day', but on the other hand it sometimes happens after I've decided to leave, even on the way to the car!

I'd be pleased with that crab for sure! Very cool, good sir!

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Thanks all

mrieder79.....A good percentage of nodules have something in them that they form around but that something can be next to nothing! but you do get to recognise to a degree of the ones that might deliver.

Wrangellian.... I was leaving but looking on my way out i had put 3 nodules in my pocket as i walked the first had a bit of plant the second nothing then the find! but i did leave the best looking nodule of the 3 till last.I know what you mean about leaving after a good a good find especially if the weather is lousy!

JOHN

Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead.

especially if the weather is lousy!

yes, that or it's getting dark or close to dinnertime (hungry) ;)

Well John, it happened to me again today! I finally got back up to my favorite site - I was only there for an hour or two, finding some small things, then just a minute or two after sunset as I was about to leave (that's when collecting gets difficult), I run across the find of the day! (an ammonite) I had to leave it up there because I need the glue and more time to get it out, so will do that soon.

Beautiful!

Isn't that the way it is? Tap concretions all day.... Nothing.... "Ok, one more."..... *WHACK*..... "Whoa.... Um, what time is civil twilight?...." :)

Context is critical.