My First Meg

siftaholic

Found this about a month ago!!!!! It's my first meg it's was found at night with a flash light in an area they were dredging near my house. It's Taken me about 20yrs to find one but it finally happened!!!! Hopefully there will be more to come!?!?!?

post-8446-0-87655500-1390189552_thumb.jpg

post-8446-0-02797900-1390189624_thumb.jpg

post-8446-0-95586900-1390189653_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Bucket list find for me. Hope you find more!

-Clayton

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever"

- Carl Segan

Congrats. I still remember my first meg like it was yesterday. Bummer on that root lobe though. That tooth would have been awesome if complete. Best and worst feeling at once when you reach into the sand and pull out what looks to be a complete tooth only find a tip or root ding.

Congrats. Those things are hard to come by around here. Great find and in really good condition for a dredge find. Worth the wait!

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Congratulations, I have 4 small Megs and truly it's a reminder to many of us that it isn't easy to find what you are looking for, well done, and yes you will find more and even a perfect one soon enough, just be persistent and keep training your eyes. I do recall each one of my babies, but my first Meg was like wow, looking around and no one to show I kissed the darn tooth, imagine mine are around 2 inches, what I would do when I find a 5 incher? . Best of luck.

MK

Congrats on a first! Where there's one there's more, good luck!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congrats!! Just starting my search.

m i k e

@TeamBCX

"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves." - Andre Gide

Dude, that's awesome. I'm a Meg-virgin. I heard that once you get your first piece, the next one's soon to come.