Summerville Creek Trip 1/20/14

wrollings

Spent about four hours at the creek behind my house, near Summerville South Carolina. The creek bed is Chandler Bridge/Ladson/Ashley formation. The weather was between 50-60 degrees, so it wasn't too bad. The first hour was spent cleaning up a lot of trash someone recently left all over the banks and in the creek itself. Also, someone (the same person?) has been destroying the banks. They are digging deeply into the sides of the banks, which make the top VERY unstable. It would be nice if people could leave the place the way they found it. Anyway, I am off my soapbox, sorry. This is what I found in just a couple of hours of surface collecting and sifting the sand and gravel from the bottom of the creek. I am going to post a few of the photos in the ID forum, because I have no clue what they may be. The items in question are mainly the three at the bottom of the photo. If I have time, I might hit the creek again tomorrow and see what pops up.

post-13995-0-39768100-1390262217_thumb.jpg

Nice finds! Stinks when some do not respect the area. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing your finds!

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

NIce haul! It was that very same kind of digging that caused the new laws for collecting in Summerville.

NIce haul! It was that very same kind of digging that caused the new laws for c. lecting in Summerville.

I am a police officer for Summerville, and I am very familiar with those laws. I guess some people don't understand the damage they can do.