Finds From Yesterday Mornings Dive.

megateeth

I went out early. It was 30 and a bit breezy and a 20 minute boat ride to the dive site. The water was 46 so it was a lot warmer than the air. The dive was comfortable but it was brutal back on the boat. I only did one dive then we headed in. I was in 70 feet of water for about an hour. I found some nice teeth. The largest was over 5" and the one just to the right is 4.5" and perfect. It was worth freezing on the boat for an hour.

post-1309-0-91069800-1390619245_thumb.jpg

Edited by megateeth

What a haul! :) I saw a video about fossil diving awhile ago, you need to be an expert don't you? All the silt looks frightening I think I'd get vertigo. What gorgeous teeth though! Do you like to keep them with the traces of their underwater burial or is it possible to clean off mineral and invertebrate traces off the teeth without damaging them?

What a haul! :) I saw a video about fossil diving awhile ago, you need to be an expert don't you? All the silt looks frightening I think I'd get vertigo. What gorgeous teeth though! Do you like to keep them with the traces of their underwater burial or is it possible to clean off mineral and invertebrate traces off the teeth without damaging them?

Thanks. I am lucky more than anything. I usualy clean off everything from the sea bottom that will come off. If there is a matrix I leave it but that is rare for me.

Wow,I'd be happy finding that many Megs in a month much less one dive.WTG!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Great teeth. Thanks for sharing. I always like seeing your fantastic finds.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.