First Finds Of The Year! Aka Imakeitrains 100Th Post Extravaganza

imakeitrain

Whelp it is a new year and 3 years since I came to TFF! Finally made my way to hundred posts and wanted to say thanks to everyone who I have met on here and has helped me I.D. fossils and learn more about them.

After finding a kitten/young cat, which turned out to be pregnant, and now having two young cats, my fossil collection has been under furry attack. I realized this was a good chance to pack up all my old finds over the past 3 years and spend more time hunting and less time looking at my fossils! It has been good motivation. So without further back story I present to you my finds from a few days ago at a land spot in Venice Florida. Feel free to ID any of the fish teeth or what I am assuming is a rostral from a sawfish.

post-4757-0-03858900-1390707408_thumb.jpg

Edited by imakeitrain

welcome back Alex, and a nice haul :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Couple of nice hemis in there,beautiful colors!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Gratz on 100 and your finds! Florida is looking better and better.

m i k e

@TeamBCX

"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves." - Andre Gide

Nice specimens. Which specimen do you think is a rostral from a sawfish? Can you take an individual picture of the first tooth of the top row? I do see Hemipristis, Carcharhinus, Galeocerdo, and at least three types of fish teeth.

Marco Sr.

Edited by MarcoSr

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png