Beach Hunt

siftaholic

Here's a few pics from today's beach hunt. First day in a while the wind hasn't been howling!!! Plan on going out tomorrow to my sifting spot hopefully it will be a good day.

post-8446-0-90440700-1390785120_thumb.jpg

post-8446-0-15340600-1390785138_thumb.jpg

I too love the in situ shots. I'm partial to the GWs as well, they're sooo rare on this side of Fl.Congrats on the nice finds!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

I tried sifting at Ponte Vedra once and it seemed to make hunting more difficult. Do you find more teeth sifting or surface collecting?

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

I love the in-situ ground shots. Sifting is the way to go! Probably 50% of what I find comes from sifting. On days when tides are high and the beach is nothing but sand, all I do is sift and usually find a few nice things.

Daryl.

the screen I use 1/4 mesh. I'm usually looking for the bigger things so I go with a larger mesh. Most of the time I'm surface collecting there's only one spot around my area that i like to go sifting and its only accessible at low tide. I have to paddle my kayak out to it though because its out in the middle of the river so i only go there every now and then. So the majority of my teeth are found surface collecting