Fun In The Sun At Beverly Beach

markmott

I only post this here as it seems more fitting than in other areas of the forum. Today at the Oregon Coast was one of those rare winter days. Warmer at the coast than in my town. I woke up, turned on the news and saw it was going to be 60 at the coast. I wasn't missing that kind of weather. My wife had a few things she couldn't miss so I packed up the kids and went for it. We didn't go as a fossil hunt, we went to spend time and play. It was awesome, sun, little wind, and a beach to ourselves. After some sand castles we decided to stroll up the coast a bit and see what treasures we could find. What we didn't find yesterday was made up for today. We weren't discovering new species but my kids certainly enjoyed themselves and so did I. My kids found tons of shells embedded in the rocks. I think I found a few concretions that I should split later and over all we just made memories. The pictures I share are just so you can see what we found.

My daughter with one of her treasures.

20140126_135427.jpg

Lots and lots of shells

20140126_130311.jpg

20140126_124915.jpg

Some of the items my kids took home. My daughter already has a show and tell bag packed for tomorrow. Cleaned them up a bit and snapped a few pics so you can all check out what made them smile.

20140126_202116.jpg

20140126_201754.jpg

20140126_201603.jpg

Here was what I took home, worth my time to cracked em?

20140126_200818.jpg

Wonderful Mark! I'd smile too if I found those pieces!

I so envy you being able to get out. Tonight -28, wind chills -50. highs below zero all week basically. We are having steading winds exceeding 40 mph with bursts up to 60 mph - blizzard conditions and white outs.

I think it is great how you play with the kids first and then fossil hunt.

Bev :)

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

Really nice marine fossils. Congratulations. I don't get to see too many from that area. Thanks for posting.

uncoat- we will have to plan a trip together soon since we live so close.

Bev- I always play with the kids first! Or at least include them in my play. I figure they will not want to hang with dear old dad soon enough so I better take advantage when I can. Plus I like to expose them to just about everything I can think of. Like I tell my friends. My kid might be the worlds best fencer (as in swords) in the world. But is she doesn't get to try it, the world may never know!

Jeffrey- There were TONS all around. I'll have to ship you some!