Sifting For Shark Teeth!

MakoMeCrazy

Zachj, LeeCreek2thHuntr (Adrian), Adrian's dad and I all decided to head out for a hunt. This site contains the Lee Creek formation. Here's a video of the trip! Zach ripped his jeans half way through the trip, you can see the result of that at the end haha.

• I found this Informative 1

nice, a great white. ive only found a few of those in aurora. quite rare!

great finds and lol @ zach for his ripped jeans XD

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks for posting this Brian.... and Zach couldn't come into Taco Bell haha... we gotta go again sometime

nice, a great white. ive only found a few of those in aurora. quite rare!

great finds and lol @ zach for his ripped jeans XD

You guys did real well. Almost makes me want to make a 350 mile road trip.

Daryl.

Thanks for sharing. Congrats.

Thanks guys! We had a great time. Lots of laughs all around. :)

Thanks for posting this Brian.... and Zach couldn't come into Taco Bell haha... we gotta go again sometime

Thanks for the ride! Without you guys we wouldn't have found any of that. Definitely looking forward to going again soon. Hahaha I'll have to bring some extra sweat pants for Zach in case that happens again.

Wow Brian, nice video.You guys did pretty awesome! :fistbump: Are you sifting reject material or is that in the mine?

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thanks for the ride! Without you guys we wouldn't have found any of that. Definitely looking forward to going again soon. Hahaha I'll have to bring some extra sweat pants for Zach in case that happens again.

Or duct tape. Nice finds guys.

Nothing beats collecting with your friends, especially when everybody is finding a keeper or two :)

Next time, if you guys are anywhere near Andy's Cheesesteaks, get one for me with everything on it, and a large order of chili fries :)

Daryl.

Great video guys! This is one of the destinations I am hoping to go some day. Those Hemis are truely awesome!

Jon

"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is Silver."

Thanks for sharing this video:) I've often read about Lee Creek but I've never seen video of the sifting process, very informative!

Gotta make it up there one day to sift with you guys! Nice finds

Kendall, you should definitely come up to hunt and maybe see the collection.... hopefully, I'll be able to make it down to Summerville this year

Wow Brian, nice video.You guys did pretty awesome! :fistbump: Are you sifting reject material or is that in the mine?

Jeff, this is reject material the mine has been closed to collecting for years.

Edited by sixgill pete

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

Jeff, this is reject material the mine has been closed to collecting for years. Looks like one of the parking lots in Aurora.

Thanks Don,they do driveways here in crush and run shell and you can find small teeth in that as well but nowhere near as many nice finds in that stuff.

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Jeff, this is reject material the mine has been closed to collecting for years.

One man's rejects are another man's gold mine (so to speak). Always fun to vicariously hunt through YouTube.

Thanks.

-Ken

Haha little late to the party but defiantly had a great time! We need to go again very soon!

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.