Miocene, Bears Or Beardogs

gavialboy

I have heard several different things about these carnivores from the Miocene was the species Ursula around in the Miocene

Bears appear in the middle Oligocene in Europe. Ursavus from the middle Miocene is close to the ancestry to modern bears. I have seen early bear skulls from the Miocene of China and Beardogs are a completely different animal in case you didn't know. I hope this answered your question.

Mikey

• I found this Informative 1

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

To confuse you even more, there are the bear-dogs (Amphicyonidae) which lived in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America from the Middle Eocene to the Pleistocene (but not the full range in all 4 places) as well as the dog-bears (Hemicyoninae) which lived in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa in the Oligocene and Miocene.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Pseudocynodictis is no longer valid - it has been synonymized with Hesperocyon, a standard hesperocyonine canid.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Pseudocynodictis is no longer valid - it has been synonymized with Hesperocyon, a standard hesperocyonine canid.

But... it always was fun to pronounce and someone had a good imagination when they were using it!