What Is Wrong With This Picture?

jpc

Seems they should have better and more pressing issues that require some attention. The budget, deficit and crime would be better suited as a focus other than railroading a state fossil proposal.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Unfortunately, April Fool's day isn't until tomorrow.

You'd think that separation of church and state would apply to this situation!

I checked this out; it is not a hoax.

Please, everyone, be on your best Forum behavior with this one!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I checked this out; it is not a hoax.

Please, everyone, be on your best Forum behavior with this one!

There is no point in this discussion, trying to rationalize irrational behavior. Might as well lock this one up with all the others!

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

That's pretty ridiculous. But remember, just because they're in office does NOT mean that they have a brain. Too many people make the mistake of confusing people in the news, "spotlight" or in politics for knowledgeable people. Sadly most are far from it.

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

jpc, I love SC. It has a spectrum of natural beauty and some of the warmest, most generous people you could hope to meet. However, there are times when I would prefer not to say where I'm from.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Seems they should have better and more pressing issues that require some attention. The budget, deficit and crime would be better suited as a focus other than railroading a state fossil proposal.

There is no point in this discussion, trying to rationalize irrational behavior. Might as well lock this one up with all the others!

Regardless of anyone's "beliefs", I think these guys get an "F" in handling the state's priorities. Just another example of how anything can be sideswiped by politics.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Regardless of anyone's "beliefs", I think these guys get an "F" in handling the state's priorities. Just another example of how anything can be sideswiped by politics.

That's the real shame of it, isn't it :(

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

jpc, I love SC. It has a spectrum of natural beauty and some of the warmest, most generous people you could hope to meet. However, there are times when I would prefer not to say where I'm from.

well said, snolly. And I love Wyoming, but our own legislators just voted in some anti-science stuff which is being repealed, (last I heard) because of overwhelming public criticism. They are everywhere... well, at least in these 50 states.

An couple of articles about this situation are:

Creationists Stall Eight-Year-Old Girl’s Idea for

State Fossil for South Carolina by Scott Bixby,

The Daily Beast, March 28, 20145.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/28/creationists-block-eight-year-old-girl-s-idea-for-state-fossil-for-south-carolina.html

South Carolina And Mammoth by Mika McKinnon,

io9 News, March 31, 2104,

http://space.io9.com/south-carolina-and-the-mammoth-1554936545

Yours,

Paul H.

Edited by Oxytropidoceras

Wow!! Even in the 21st century u cannot escape the fact that this is still the bible belt. And so many people here in the south still don't understand why the rest of the country still see's us as a bunch of backwards hillbilies. Things like this, as snolly said, make me not want to admit I am from the south.

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

...the rest of the country still see's us as a bunch of backwards hillbilies...

This whole episode is pure political posturing, masquerading as a principal of faith. The folks I know down there are not at all happy to see this stunt unfold, regardless of their beliefs.