Midlothian Texas Quarry Trip

BobWill

Found these Cretaceous teeth at the TXI cement quarry in Midlothian Texas yesterday. That X-fish tooth is 40mm!

post-4419-0-24653100-1398006364_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobWill

Well done, Bob. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Nice finds----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Really nice finds! Missed a Dallas Paleo trip out there, my loss. Anyone know about spots in Brownwood, Tx?

Funny you should ask. Dallas Paleo Society will be there this coming weekend, April 26th and 27th. We'll camp at the state park on the lake and collect at 4 different places. See dallaspaleo.org and click on field trips. Scroll down to the Brownwood trip for details. If you can't make it I'll report back which sites are public so you can go on your own. I'm going down Friday afternoon and camp an extra night, so I don't have such an early drive from Cooke County on Saturday morning. BobW

Funny you should ask. Dallas Paleo Society will be there this coming weekend, April 26th and 27th. We'll camp at the state park on the lake and collect at 4 different places. See dallaspaleo.org and click on field trips. Scroll down to the Brownwood trip for details. If you can't make it I'll report back which sites are public so you can go on your own. I'm going down Friday afternoon and camp an extra night, so I don't have such an early drive from Cooke County on Saturday morning. BobW

I'll see you there one or both days. Mike

I'll see you there one or both days. Mike

Cool. I'll bring the fossils Roz left with me to pass on to you.

Really nice finds! Missed a Dallas Paleo trip out there, my loss. Anyone know about spots in Brownwood, Tx?

I live in Brownwood. Are you planing a trip this direction?

I live in Brownwood. Are you planing a trip this direction?

This weekend! Look at the field trip link on dallaspaleo.org for the details. We're going to the Wikson clay pit, Lake Sealy (with permission from landowner), and San Tana Lake on Saturday and a brand new site found by Dr. Allen Neece 30 minutes from Brownwood on Sunday. Camping on Lake Brownwood.

Edited by BobWill

That's a Ptychodus whipplei which is a hybodont shark with a pavement of these shell-crushing teeth in parallel rows in both jaws.

This weekend! Look at the field trip link on dallaspaleo.org for the details. We're going to the Wikson clay pit, Lake Sealy (with permission from landowner), and San Tana Lake on Saturday and a brand new site found by Dr. Allen Neece 30 minutes from Brownwood on Sunday. Camping on Lake Brownwood.

. You may want to call the city of Santa Anna because I heard they may have closed the lake site due to trash and 4 wheelers. You may be able to get permission though.

Bob I'm on that trip and will arrive Saturday morning. Looking forward to meeting you, Mike and others. I booked a room but camping sounds like a blast. I may bring my camping gear and set up Sat night if there are spots available at the state park. I have a state park pass so I don't know why I didn't think of that 1st! Could've saved a few bucks lol

Nice finds there Bob!! I wish I could have made it. Maybe next time, I have wanted to visit that site for some time. Hope to hunt with you again too........... :)

Kathy

Wish I could make it but I'm taking a group back out the the Lake Waco site. Plus my wife left me to volunteer at the local zoo so I have to babysit once I get back home from hunting.