One Dino's Poo....

emmytee

i finally got it in :) the coprolite of my dreams!

this came from somewhere in Utah. It's from the Jurassic, around 148MYA. other than that, I don't know much about it. But it is my favorite piece in my meager collection.

it weighs about 2 pounds... it isnt polished, but I wet it to show the color. the pictures do not give it justice

3216961682_84d586ba3a.jpg

i know, you must be thinking, why would i buy a specimen that is cut into like that, well all i can say is, if im gonna buy a piece of dinosaur poo, it better be pretty!

3216967742_c6e4698d78.jpg

*edit* i forgot to post the pick of the other, less appealing, side.

3216059559_a38800ec20.jpg

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

well, you have nice poop.

um, never really thought i'd say that.

you know, i think you can buy a can of spray stink at the store if you want to make it more realistic or something. i think they have a "slow stego" scent on sale this week...

How do you ever know that a certain rock is poop? I relize you can cuit, but out in the field?

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

That's a really, really lovely piece of 'snarge' you've got there Emmytee... ;)

Lovely!!

Gethin

"We try not to use the word insane, we prefer the term mentally hilarious... "

That's the prettiest piece of poo Ive ever seen, really nice! I wish my poo looked like that. Unfortunately it just looks like snarge. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

How do you ever know that a certain rock is poop? I relize you can cuit, but out in the field?

Out in the field, give it a good sniff :P:D

My rule of thumb is pick it up now, ask questions later. It better to have a rock than to not have a potential fossil. Worse thing is you picked up a rock and have to carry it around and we'd laugh at you :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Out in the field, give it a good sniff :P:D

My rule of thumb is pick it up now, ask questions later. It better to have a rock than to not have a potential fossil. Worse thing is you picked up a rock and have to carry it around and we'd laugh at you :D

I want some poo...

it's like anything else - experience. people who've seen enough of it in context learn to recognize it. even out of context, if you've seen a bunch of it, you get to where you can spot it pretty well, say on a table at a rock show.

it's a pseudomorph of si02 after p.u., so it looks like what it was. i think. hang on, i'll ask my representative. john? where are you?

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice poop! I would have not recognized it without your description. Prehaps if it had some corn kernels in it.. :-)

Mike

We used to call those 'Tracers'.. no offense Tracer. :-)

All your fossils are belong to us

Just walking by here...pretty rock emmytee. Looks like it arrived in one piece.

Oh yeah, y'all need to turn the fan on and try to keep this door closed. Thank you. :blink:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ