Re-Examination Of The Neanderthal

Scylla

I read a strange book one time entitled: Atlantis, Kingdom Of The Neanderthals. The title is good enough to scare most away right then, but that book had a wealth of information in it. An excellent read! Personally, Cro-magnon was the one's who inhabited that land, but i suppose other species could have been there @ times.

--- Joshua

tennesseespride@gmail.com

There should be little doubts about Neanderthal or Cro-Magnon having a larger braincase capacity. But, in regards to where in the brain, i can't remember the names, i do remember it was in areas which more controled the creative aspects of the person, even the parts that were used more when dreaming and imagination, in effect, theoritically, they could "see" differently than most modern people....inventors, artists,ect. It is said, use these same areas kinda like Neanderthals.

--- Joshua

Neanderthals invented the first musical instruments! .......we learned music from them!

--- Joshua

Neanderthals invented bone tools, perhaps were the first painters, had a religion, counted(!), took care of their old folk, and believed in an afterlife (according to what has been found in some of their graves). They also had the ability to speak....an allusion to Neanderthal language, and were the first people to pigment their bodies w/ red-ochre....that last fact is extremely important, as, most all cultures in the world did that @ some point or another in past history, and it's only been quite recently (by an archaeological scale) that modern people have discontinued the custom...(i still do it, guess that's just the Neanderthal in me :D...among other things, it is a better insect repellant than "Off").we all learned it from the Neanderthals. They may have even been the first to start tracking time=calendar notation (!).

Edited by Tennessees Pride

--- Joshua

A side note: the Egyptians believed the first man to be created from red ochre(some stories), and the Hebrew name of the first man is certainly in agreement w/ that, also Josephus (a High Priest) recorded in Antiquities of The Jews that Adam was made from red earth, because that earth was pure and virgin. A examination of other cultures also has this same moffit pop up here and there.

--- Joshua

Pic 1 shows a comparison between the finger bones of modern humans(right), to that of Neanderthal (left) illustrating the powerful grip a Neanderthal did have. Pic 2 shows a comparison between the femur of a Neanderthal (left) to that of a modern weightlifter!!!! The density of the Neanderthal's bones is almost unbelievable! They had a skeleton perfectly suited to withstand tremendous loads. Also, it can be infered by the bone density that the muscular structure was to the point of unbelievable also. Osteology commonly accepts that the thicker the bones, the thicker the muscle mass....this can be generally proven using living examples today. Other bones of Neanderthal also allude to the fact.

The Neanderthal was probably the strongest human species to ever exist. In plain English, the "average" Neanderthal woman or young one was stronger than the strongest man on earth today!!!!! The. Neanderthal males would have had strength which we would think of as super-human! Other bones , in particular the pubic bone, allude to the same.

To be sure........no one on earth today (to my knowledge) has ever been able to replicate the use-wear on Neanderthal artifacts!!!!.......nobody is strong enough!

post-14571-0-27594300-1399126520.gif

post-14571-0-30559000-1399126574_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

Recent dna analysis by a German study has proven that up to 25% of the Neanderthal population was red-headed! They also had other various hair colors, and there's alittle bit of Neanderthal dna in most all of us!

--- Joshua

Mitochondria dna of Neanderthals has never been detected in modern populations (as far as i know). That would mean that all detectable Neanderthal dna in moderns would have to come from males solely!.....which certainly reminds me of the story in Genesis of the union before the flood of "The Sons of God (Elohim) with The Daughters of Men."......

--- Joshua

The misconception of Neanderthals being slow,hunchbacked brutes was presented early on and was based off a specimen which has now been proven to have had acute arthritis (best i remember), this portrayal has been dismissed in all scientific circles, but is still commonly conceived in the public's mind. And Neanderthal's have never been proven to be covered all over in profuse amounts of hair....it is simply an artist's imagination!

--- Joshua

The bone flute from a Neanderthal occupation site in Divje babe I in western Slovenia, dated to atleast 45,000 yr. ago, and possibly older. There has been controversy about the flute being Neanderthal, The National Museum of Slovenia maintains a Neanderthal origin stance and states it to be reliably proven. Models have been made in which it has been proven to have the harmonic scale. (!)

post-14571-0-26556900-1399133044_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

Mitochondria dna of Neanderthals has never been detected in modern populations (as far as i know). That would mean that all detectable Neanderthal dna in moderns would have to come from males solely!.....which certainly reminds me of the story in Genesis of the union before the flood of "The Sons of God (Elohim) with The Daughters of Men."......

Not necessarily. A female Neanderthal could have given birth to a son. All of his mitochondrial DNA and half of his genomic DNA would be Neanderthal. His children with modern humans would have 1/4 Neanderthal genomic DNA and zero mitochondrial DNA from Neanderthals. Of course the loss of the Neanderthal mitochondrial DNA could happen many generations later too.