Nsr

CreekCrawler

We came and we conqured!!! The wind!!!!.... I had the opportunity to hook up with Travis "Traviscounty" and Curtis "fossilwoodie' to do some gravel crawling in extreme North East Texas. We had a great time just getting away from the suburban sprawl. We tried our best, crawled till our knees gave out... and then went back for more!!

We came up with a few odds and ends!!Here are the fruits of our labor!

Pachydiscus paulsoni...red ammonite

Gastropods...Turritella trilira

Shark tooth ...Squalicorax kaupi

Shark tooth with cusplets...unidentified as of yet!

Canine....ID wanted??????

Small Ammonite....Pachydiscus paulsoni.....juvenile????Open for suggestions!post-417-1234079194_thumb.jpgpost-417-1234079269_thumb.jpgpost-1-1189965242_thumb.jpg

Oh, the nickel is a Buffalo that I found while walking!

post-417-1234079293_thumb.jpg

I'd like to thank Snakekeeper for letting us tag along and for his paitence in the never ending question Is this anything? :rolleyes:

Top left batch, tiny little tooth at the bottom. I was told this was a rare sabre tooth mouse tooth. B)

That canine tooth is just flat out awesome!

My legs are sore! Gave me an idea for a new workout program...."The Fossil Boot Camp". Spend 4 or 5 days crawling around in river beds and going up and down steep embankments. That will get anyone in shape!

Luckily, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm heading up to the POC. Think I'll stop at Walmart and get a chair. You guys looked pretty relaxed in those photos from your trip. Maybe I'll try the pizza delivery. :)

Top left batch, tiny little tooth at the bottom. I was told this was a rare sabre tooth mouse tooth.

Either that or Wooly Marmot :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Glad yall had fun and found some things. Did Mommabettes not come? I was sitting around waiting for my dad to bring me a chest of drawers, so exciting. We are expecting some good rains Monday and Tuesday Yeah! My creek should be productive again and the sulphur to.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Glad yall had fun and found some things. Did Mommabettes not come? I was sitting around waiting for my dad to bring me a chest of drawers, so exciting. We are expecting some good rains Monday and Tuesday Yeah! My creek should be productive again and the sulphur to.

No, mommabetts wasn't feeling too great Saturday morning.

Hopefully we will get some decent rain!

Hey Barry! Looks like you guys did pretty good considering how picked over NSR is right now without a good rain. I love the canine tooth. It's always cool when you find something unusual and different.

Way to eek it out...until the rain. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Hey Barry! Looks like you guys did pretty good considering how picked over NSR is right now without a good rain. I love the canine tooth. It's always cool when you find something unusual and different.

Are ya feelin better son??? I know the Flu is making the rounds!

I'd like to thank Snakekeeper for letting us tag along and for his Patience in the never ending question Is this anything? :rolleyes:

Top left batch, tiny little tooth at the bottom. I was told this was a rare sabre tooth mouse tooth. B)

That canine tooth is just flat out awesome!

Oh, I forgot to mention all the very nice Petrified wood Cabochons that Curtis had fashioned and brought to show us.There were some really nice specimens in there.Thanks for sharing Curtis!

Nice find guys, sorry I couldn't join ya'll, migraine stayed for 2 days, hopefully it is gone for good now. Listening to the rain right now but it is going to have to do alot more for it to do any good at the NSR.

Are ya feelin better son??? I know the Flu is making the rounds!

Feelin better but not well just yet.....going back to the dr today. It's day 6 of it. This crud is killing me!!!!! :faint:

Nice find guys, sorry I couldn't join ya'll, migraine stayed for 2 days, hopefully it is gone for good now. Listening to the rain right now but it is going to have to do alot more for it to do any good at the NSR.

Gosh I feel for ya! I have never had the displeasure of having a migraine.

I have heard horror stories about em though! Getting a little rain here, supposed to be heavier tomorrow!

Feelin better but not well just yet.....going back to the dr today. It's day 6 of it. This crud is killing me!!!!! :faint:

Blowin and going..... Man, do you at least have some gravel at the house to quench the urge??

Sorry your not feeling better momma hope your watching tv its fixing to get bad they just had a tornado 1/8 of a mile wide touch down in lone grove and everything is moving towards us. Stay safe

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I hope rain is all we get. This might have some hail in it. My poor dad said hes been dodging tornadoes all day he hates living in ok city and is ready to moves back to albuquerque.

Alfred North Whithead