Fossil Crabs And Diverses From Lybystrand

lybyman

Thank you very much, these are wonderful. I don't think you would have any trouble finding somebody to translate your book to English. Many of the snake books I have in my collection were originally published in German and then translated. Heck, with enough pictures to guide me, I'd probably be willing to buy it in German!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Guest solius symbiosus

Truly outstanding work, and also a nice lab!

... and the estwing tool for lifting a stone without bending? Nice! I haven't seen one of those in over 20 years.

Thanks,i will let you now ^_^

now i show you a little treasure - the next big Coeloma.

The preparation are extrem difficult,i must all legs and claws transfer from the upperside.

The last pics show his big brother ^_^ He is black received......why ? i don't no......i'ts very curios....

Axel

Your crabs are so awesome, not even powder can rid them.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

Thank's @ all !

Now i show you my "Golden Crab".This exemples are pyritization and has a little fossil shell sitting on her left claw.With pyrit i have now this one Coeloma sp in my collectible- it,s very rare !

Very nice looks as compare a fossil crab with a recently exemples .....

Axel

post-1102-1234888938_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1234889017_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1234889097_thumb.jpg

...And a beautiful way to display it!

You must have quite a museum :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This is now the end......

I will thank you very much for your interest and for your very nice comments :applause: I'ts easy !

I will hope my english was not to bad. :unsure:

Best regards from me and from the Lybystrand :wub:

Have a good time !

Axel

post-1102-1234978050_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1234981108_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

now i'm back and i will opening this -best off- nodule.

I have writing you i will let you knowing if i have write the book. YES !!! I'm ready !!! Look please on this website under "MENÜ" on the right side:

http://www.lyby-fossil.de/index.php/das-buch

In this book i show detailed the prepared steps from this big crab.

If you are interestly you can buying now this book:

ISBN-13 978-3-839-10615-0

The language are German!

Best regards,

Axel

post-1102-1246696055_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1246696072_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1246696089_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1246696110_thumb.jpg

post-1102-1246700606_thumb.jpg

...now i'm back and i will opening this -best off- nodule...

This fossil is brilliant, stunning, amazing....your preparation skills are second to none!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Man how did I miss this back in Feb. This is the first time I have seen it Thanks for bumping up. Lybyman those are some nice crabs don't read German but might get book just for pics. Am going to reread the thread now.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Boy, Wow o Wow, Holy Cow etc. etc!!!!! Yes, how did I miss this thread of amazing crabbies. As a fellow crab collector and prepper, my hat is way off to you. That is some amazing prep work on those beasties. I thought the crabs I work on were a pain, but yours are puzzles too. Those crabs are truely cool. I lust after one...ha ha.

Curious to know if you have ever tried to work out the crab without cracking the nodule? On a few of the concretions from our Pacific North West I have worked down to the crab. I've done that on nodules that show some signs of a crab being in there and the shape of the concretion indicates it could be a good one too.

Yes indeed that is one amazing prep lab too.

Crabfossilsteve

sehr geehrte herr lybyman -

wenn mein deutsch nicht so schlimm waere, wuerde ich mit schoener sprache sagen, wie ausgezeichnet ihre krabben sind. leider kann ich dass nicht, also schenke ich zwei fotos von einem kleinen freund von der strand.

post-488-1246720516_thumb.jpg

leave me alone, i'm helpless

post-488-1246720530_thumb.jpg

get back! i'm armed!

also missed this incredible thread !

but still have heard about Axel (who knows Ivano and Nils), saw his prep work on Steinkern (german forum)!

excellent crabs! and a prep room that i'll only see on these pics and in my dreams!

BRAVO Axel !

to Tracer

Ihr Deutsch is nicht schlecht und viel besser als meiner !!

Hi,

I just discovered this subject with a great interest. The prepwork enormous and very well mastered, and photos are magnificent!

Very nice! Congrats!

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thanks for sharing Axel! That last prep with the crab suspended is just artful, congratulations on the book too.

bug.gif

Axel,

That is one of the mist fantastic prep jobs I have ever seen! Do you have any intention of finding someone to translate the book into English? I don't speak German but I may have to buy it anyway just so see all of the fantastic picture!

Cheers!! :faint:

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Thanks for sharing Axel! That last prep with the crab suspended is just artful, congratulations on the book too.

Wow that just amazing! Congratulations on the book.

• 6 years later...

Now the last posting are in 2009 and after this long time it was giving news from Lyby-Strand.

The bad messages are my book was sold out and i have no more fore sale.Aktuelly i have a new homepage:

If you are interst in fossil crabs and heteromrph ammonites visit me,you are welcome !

http://www.fossilcrabsandmore.de

The good message are i have found 2012 a mostley complette big Lybylobster.This Specimens are ultra rare and was cleared in Kopenhagen to a Danekrea (nature monument) with the number 709.Here are the Preppworkstory (only on german but with a lot of pics) :

http://www.steinkern.de/fossilien-aller-zeitalter/tertiaer-und-juenger/933-hummer-andrea.html

The secound lobster are a brandnew specimens ,have found last year.To time the Committe in Copenhagen decided if it was getting a Danekrae status.I'm excited ;-)

Cheers,

Axel

post-1102-0-18028200-1456511460_thumb.jpg

post-1102-0-92963400-1456511492_thumb.jpg

Edited by lybyman
  • I found this Informative 1

Hey... I have that book. I didn't know it was sold out. Glad I got a copy.

Excellent work!

Edited by jpc