Best "budget" Fossils?

aplomado

Mind your own falcon business.

Negative perspiration!

post-423-0-67176700-1412288661_thumb.jpg

Is this better? :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the 40lbs box of shale. Can't wait to get it.

I am tempted to do the same.. I saw somewhere on the site that they limit int'l orders to 20lbs, did you have trouble ordering the 40lbs or do you have a US address? I have a US address thru my aunt so the only thing holding me back is the money! Maybe I'll wait to see your results before deciding...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, not sure how I missed your reply Wtangellian. I do have a us address so that is why I ordered the 40lbs box. I did go down to montana today to pick it up. I can't wait to get at it and split some of that shale. Hopefully it will yield some good results.

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

Here is what I got. It's nice that they gave me such a large piece! I was concerned I might just get small busted up pieces of shale. These are the trilos that are just on the surface. I haven't split any yet.

post-6472-0-67287700-1415151329_thumb.jpg

post-6472-0-36050900-1415151347_thumb.jpg

post-6472-0-35141300-1415151365_thumb.jpg

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

Petrified wood can be dirt cheap as well.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

I think the small ammonites from Madagascar are great in that there are numerous species and even though they are small, the $10-$20 specimens are usually well preserved.