California Megalodon

Kkoz

Today was the most productive day of hunting at my shark tooth spot! I found half a meg which is my first meg ever! I also found 2 nice great whites and a little mako.They all popped out of a square meter section of the bank while sweeping with a brush.post-16540-0-85991400-1412736565_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-54571500-1412736579_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-18132800-1412736591_thumb.jpgpost-16540-0-35463200-1412736602_thumb.jpg

Is this the same locality as before that produced your Carcharodon carcharias teeth?

Is this the same locality as before that produced your Carcharodon carcharias teeth?

Yes it has produced 9 carcharodon carcharias teeth.

Congrats on the finds. In the past year or so I've been introduced and have taken up chasing teeth including Megs as they pop up here and there. It is a rush to find one even when they are not the monster 6" teeth. Keep after em!!.

Regards, Chris

Very Nice! I wish we found more GWs here, congrats :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Siteseer, it's the San Diego Formation. I have a manuscript in review at the moment outlining the known late Neogene fossil record of C. megalodon from California, and in it we discuss teeth from the SDF.