Going To Tucson Arizona - Feb 1 - 6, 2015

Fossil Girl

We are coming from chilly Ontario Canada for a week of sun in Tucson Arizona because we saw there were fossil shows and sales going on at that time. Can anyone suggest spots to see, places to buy or events to attend that are 'fossil' related at that time? Any information would be appreciated!

Tucson is the largest Rock, fossil, mineral and gem show in the world. There are over 40 venues There are over 4,000 vendors there for about two weeks beginning in February. Electric Park, the Inn Suites, Ramada, Howard Johnsons, Miners Coop, JOGS, Fossil Coop, 22nd street, Holiday Inn, Every street corner will have Morocco vendors. Be sure to get room reservations now and be prepared to spend lots of money on rooms. And bring lots of extra cash for rocks, fossils, gems and minerals.

If you want early shows, go to Quartzsite, Arizona for another few thousand dealers.

I've been to both and I have to say Quartzsite is far superior in regards to variety and prices.

...I'm back.

The main action for fossils will be at these shows:

http://www.mzexpos.com/arizona.html

The main ballroom at the Hotel Tucson City Center has some mounted skeletons on display plus some great stuff for sale. Black Hills sets up there.

Also check out the 22nd Street show:

http://www.minerals.net/news/post/2014/03/03/The-Tucson-22nd-Street-Show.aspx

There is also the Fossil Co-op on Oracle.

When you get into town, keep your eyes open for a display full of show guides. You might see them at your hotel but certainly at any venue hosting a show.

I had to stay home and work all across the time of the shows this year so I'm looking forward to going next year - only a few months away now.

We are coming from chilly Ontario Canada for a week of sun in Tucson Arizona because we saw there were fossil shows and sales going on at that time. Can anyone suggest spots to see, places to buy or events to attend that are 'fossil' related at that time? Any information would be appreciated!