Does Anybody Have Some Aturia Angustata

micropterus101

Hey Micropterus. There used to be a guy who first hunted the site along the columbia river who found hundreds and hundreds of them. Very hard to even find one there now! Another fellow I know who lives in Vancouver who has quite alot of them, but going through divorce and moving and all that and has no time for trade or anything! Dang!! Another guy named York found a bunch of them and then moved back east somewhere never to be heard of again? And some guy named Mike used to find em, but he would never email me back? So i think there are quite a few out there, just a matter of finding them. If I lived there I would have a basement full.

RB

Hey Micropterus. There used to be a guy who first hunted the site along the columbia river who found hundreds and hundreds of them. Very hard to even find one there now! Another fellow I know who lives in Vancouver who has quite alot of them, but going through divorce and moving and all that and has no time for trade or anything! Dang!! Another guy named York found a bunch of them and then moved back east somewhere never to be heard of again? And some guy named Mike used to find em, but he would never email me back? So i think there are quite a few out there, just a matter of finding them. If I lived there I would have a basement full.

RB

If I had access to dynamite and made a midnight run, my basement would be full too. Thats if I had a basement :D .

• 4 months later...

RB

Years ago, I collected along the Columbia River (stopping to look for fossils and rock shops on my way from the SF Bay Area to Seattle). I found a nice big gastropod in a concretion and just "crab hash" in others. The best thing one of my friends found was an Aturia. He thought he was extremely lucky at the time. My gastropod was apparently something unusual so I gave it to him and he forwarded it to a gastropod researcher at UC Berkeley.