Noto #2

RJB

Ok, I know ive not finished my first Noto, but I may have a buyer for this one? Either way I need to get these fish prepped out and ready for a show. And ive still got my big Noto #3 to do too also. Can life get any better? Anyways, this bugger was very close to the surface of the rock but the bone was incrusted in a very very hard layer of some kind!!! Ive had to use almost twice the media for this fish than the last!!! Dang! I used a 50/50 bicarb to dolomite mix using my .040 tip on my air abrasive for most of this fish after many many hours of first taking down the rock with my air scribe, then for the little teeny weeny ray bones on the fins I changed to a .026 tip and mixed alot more bicarb to less dolomite to finish those off. Im still not done with this fish. It still needs some fine detail work and there is a small knightia along the side to prep out too. Life is good.

RB

Thanks everyone. I was going to prep out the little knightia and clean up the fish and stuff today, but I decided that i wanted to do something a bit more fun. I will try and take some finish photos and some close up photos and post them in a few days.

RB