Steve The Croc

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

ok so as i said i would, here are some pictures now i expect someone to pay me as much as brangelina got for their kids picture or maybe tomkat's kid. Then i posted a picture of that bone that i cant find a place for!

post-17-1235946616_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946622_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946628_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946633_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946640_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946646_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946654_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946660_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946665_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946673_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946680_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946686_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946692_thumb.jpg

post-17-1235946698_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil

actually i may up that vert total to 8" there is a bump sticking out of the hard matrix that could be the top of a vert.

actually i may up that vert total to 8" there is a bump sticking out of the hard matrix that could be the top of a vert.

At Westmoreland I found a fossilized Dental Plan....maybe we should get those two together!!! :P

Seriously......outstanding once in a lifetime find......I am humbled in your presence.

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

Hard to tell, but there may be more than 1 vert in the matrix.... It's a beauty, Steve!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Guest bmorefossil
Hard to tell, but there may be more than 1 vert in the matrix.... It's a beauty, Steve!

oh really? im not sure but ill go with what you say you seem to know a ton more about crocs than i do

Nice croc! How much prep work did you do on it (if any) and what do you have in mind for it? That's gonna look awesome as a display. ;)

Guest bmorefossil
Nice croc! How much prep work did you do on it (if any) and what do you have in mind for it? That's gonna look awesome as a display. ;)

good questions here is a picture from last week, and this is after some prep work

post-17-1235954212_thumb.jpg

that's a very cool crocodillo there, by golly. you know, lookin' at that from the side reminded me of something. i used to know this guy, see, who was kinda, well, you got the feelin' you wouldn't want to go party with him because he might do seriously crazy stuff. anyway, he had this coffee mug, and it was a wile e. coyote mug, and it had this big coyote schnozz sticking out the front of it, and he'd be talking to people while holdin' it in his hand, and kind of pointin' and shakin' it at them and acting serious when he did it.

i guess you woulda had to been there, but the visual really stuck with me and i'll be leaving this thread now, um, bye...

Guest bmorefossil
that's a very cool crocodillo there, by golly. you know, lookin' at that from the side reminded me of something. i used to know this guy, see, who was kinda, well, you got the feelin' you wouldn't want to go party with him because he might do seriously crazy stuff. anyway, he had this coffee mug, and it was a wile e. coyote mug, and it had this big coyote schnozz sticking out the front of it, and he'd be talking to people while holdin' it in his hand, and kind of pointin' and shakin' it at them and acting serious when he did it.

i guess you woulda had to been there, but the visual really stuck with me and i'll be leaving this thread now, um, bye...

you know.... its funny you say that because my grandfather had the same mug! so i know what your talking about and yes it does look like it.

no its a croc not a cow lol

Ok,,, HOLY CROCKAMOLY!!! Is that better? But dam man. That is something alot of us preparators would LOVE to prep!!!! Jesus!!!

RB

Guest Nicholas

Well done Steve :D It is a great find!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm bursting with jealousy! ... still 4 feet of snow on my hunting grounds.

Guest bmorefossil
Ok,,, HOLY CROCKAMOLY!!! Is that better? But dam man. That is something alot of us preparators would LOVE to prep!!!! Jesus!!!

RB

now your going all religious on us! lol no im just messing with you, thanks man.

you know.... its funny you say that because my grandfather had the same mug!

Has your grandfather ever been to Texas? Just askin'...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
Has your grandfather ever been to Texas? Just askin'...

yea he was in the army or something, thats where he would find all of his really cool minerals and fossils and sell them at a fossil shop he set up.

yea he was in the army or something, thats where he would find all of his really cool minerals and fossils and sell them at a fossil shop he set up.

So...what are the chances that he might have crossed paths with tracer?

I mean, there can't be too many of those mugs out there (if you catch my drift)...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

could have but i dont think tracer is that old..... or is he

...he's probably 82 with a young mind...which gives him great experience to draw from.

(running now and diving behind a mammoth tusk to hide)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

...he's probably 82 with a young mind...which gives him great experience to draw from.

(running now and diving behind a mammoth tusk to hide)

see, ya'll? now that's a really, really subtle way to, while you're picking at a decrepit oldergenarian, work into the conversation the reminder that you own a giant mammoth tusk that's so big that you can hide behind it.

i'm tellin' ya, this guy could sell snake oil to eels.

I was wondering how old that is and what color are the actual bones? Those teeth really stand out from the rest. I would be careful not to over prep it. Maybe get some more advice. Something like that doesn't come around often and the only croc stuff I've seen they want a pretty penny for. Good luck

Guest bmorefossil

the bone is a brown/ dark tan color, age is 56-59 m.y.

all im doing as far as preping the croc is im taking a toothbrush and im gently rubbing the matrix, its very odd how there is the soft matrix that im use to dealing with next to this limestone like matrix, very interesting.