Tampa, Florida Fossil Show

PrehistoricFlorida

I always enjoy going to that show even the time I attended the morning I came in on a red-eye flight - no sleep. You see some oddball fossils like a Bone Valley antelope tooth or a mole humerus. It looks like I'm going to miss it again this year (missed by two days last year).

Great show if you're in the area. Thousands of Florida fossils on display and offered for sale.

Nate thanks for the thread. I'll be there a couple times--at least for Friday setup and Sunday tear down and somewhere in between....Looking forward to seeing folks and their latest finds and what's there for sale. Regards, Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from this, highly recommend to any fossil lover nearby. I only picked up a relatively small mammal jaw & cretaceous fish tooth but they had all types of common fossils and some rare.

Was surprised people lugged a huge Tyrannosaur and mosasaur skull replicas there. Megs, other shark teeth, proboscidean, ammonites, morroccan trilobites & mosasaur teeth, small mammal fossils, gems, etc. everywhere as expected. A few quality modern skeletons. Also surprised to see a Thoosuchus skull replica ( Triassic alligator like amphibian) with a few small teeth, not sure if it was for sale. The biggest rip off was no doubt a collection of small Orthacanthus teeth for $200+. Overall some great prices but also some overly priced. And of course seeing the fossil displays were cool.

Edited by Cam28